Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

careerbuilder.com bug

Those of you looking for another job and using careerbuilder.com might want to know about a bug in their email system.

You can use your standard email program to send an email through careerbuilder to the company with the job posting. It's either that or use their web interface to create a cover letter and attach your resume.

I just found out today that there is a bug that, when using email, the cover letter in the email body isn't sent (the resume, as a word attachment, is sent fine).

I called support and thay diddn't see this as much of a problem - "over half of all applicants don't send a cover letter anyways."  Since there are so many people looking right now, this might be one of the tests to se if you get tossed before being looked at.

If you want to send a cover letter, use the web based process to submit your resume. It does send your cover letter.

RocketJeff
Monday, August 04, 2003

What happens if you send the cover letter as an attachment (in addition to the resume as an attachment)? 

SomeBody
Tuesday, August 05, 2003

Haven't tried - I found a solution that works ('do it online') and don't want to mess with too many job opportunities.

I might try it when there's a job I'm wishy-washy about applying for.

RocketJeff
Tuesday, August 05, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home