Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Mailinator

http://www.sneakemail.com - My favorite

Same point as Mailinator, but different way (there is free sign up, and you create the email address before, takes me less than 5 seconds, honest).

Mailinator will eventually crash, 80 million test email is just the start of a war. They actually keep the 80 million test emails until someone will pick it up... (try "test" and such words for fun).

Some sam
Thursday, July 24, 2003

80 billion if you read the site carefully!

Samuel Jack
Thursday, July 24, 2003

So... a couple of edit checks in the email address and this trick will bite the dust.

Joe AA
Thursday, July 24, 2003

Big sites will reject mailinator e-mail addresses, and add to the list (like they sometimes do not allow Hotmail e-mail addresses).

R. C.
Thursday, July 24, 2003

These only replies seem to be from people that worry about the sky falling on their heads.

1/4 Ain't Bad
Thursday, July 24, 2003

I wasn't that impressed with the Mailinator UI. I eventually figured it out, but it's not clear what you're supposed to enter in the "Check your EMAIL" text field.

Would it kill them to say "enter a username?"

And what's with the irrelevant stock photos all over the place?

dsdffffffffffff
Thursday, July 24, 2003

I use something called spamgourmet, which I think is more powerful but does essentially the same thing.  It allows you to create self-destucting addresses that forward to your real account a certain number of times (you pick the number).

The Web UI is absolutely terrible, however... sometimes less is really less.

Also, spamgourmet has multiple domains, so it's harder to block. (spamgourmet.net, spamgourmet.org, spamcannon.net, antichef.com, antichef.net, neverbox.com, recursor.net, xoxy.net)

Also, I like it b/c you never have to go back to visit the spamgourmet site again after you sign up.

It's like I'm like a walking spamgourmet commercial. Click here to stop more spam. :)

http://www.spamgourmet.com/

Sam H
Thursday, July 24, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home