Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Dynamic Combo boxes

Hi,
I want to do a function in which depending if a radio button of "Domestic" or "International" is selected, then the
respective combo box will display all the details from the db.
So I have a tblDomestic and tblInternational, So can someone please help me with this, I need to know how I can select
domestic or international via radio button, and depending on this, it will retrieve all the data from the db (tblDomestic or tblInternational) in the form of a combo box.
Please help. Its been killing me all week. And the tutorials on the net don't make much sense. Thankyou in advance

Zak
Tuesday, July 22, 2003

Assuming that u r talking @ web applications here is what u can do,
1.Get the Data from both tblDomestic and tblInterna to create 2 Combo boxes(both will be Visible=false).
2.On selecting "Domestic" or "International" show respective combo box.(This you can do using JavaScript)

This can be one solution!

Avinash Patil
Tuesday, July 22, 2003

u = you
r = are
@ = about

This isn't a phone text message.

RocketJeff
Tuesday, July 22, 2003

Unfortunately, a new language has permeated our society, for better or worse. My friends call it "Ur." It's one thing to recognize the limitations of a medium (like SMS), but quite another to just be outright lazy. What can you expect from a society that celebrates 3-second attention spans and Jackass? :-p

Brad Wilson (dotnetguy.techieswithcats.com)
Tuesday, July 22, 2003

++ungood

Grumpy Old-Timer
Tuesday, July 22, 2003

G.O.T

Point taken.

Tuesday, July 22, 2003

umm, i was actually talking about asp, my apologies for not mentioning that in the first place.

Zak
Wednesday, July 23, 2003

// off topic

i dunno wtf u guys r talking about. depending on who i talk to, i use abbreviations like this in my im, chat, and message board conversations. if someone chats with me that way, i'll reciprocate with a similar style.

get off yr high horse and stop pretending you can't read this new "internet speak." i mean really, rtfm and stfw. ianal, but the last time i checked, it wasn't against the law to change the language. language is a fluid thing.

i have more respect for someone who honestly communicates with abbreviations than someone who interrupts a conversation criticize them.

this has been hashed on this forum before. JoS has no style guide, but it is moderated. if something is off topic enough, it will get deleted, we don't need people to police the style in which people talk.

with all this talk of jobs going overseas, it's funny to see this kind of xenophobia in action.

www.marktaw.com
Wednesday, July 23, 2003

// on topic

zak - I don't know ASP, but do you need this to be on the same page (as the javascript person implied) or can you do it on a 2nd page? if you can do it on a 2nd page, then a javascript "onClick" in each radio button can direct you to the next page, where the proper combo box appears.

Otherwise... maybe an inline frame? a Javascript document.write triggered by that onClick might work, but probably only in modern browsers. My DHTML isn't exactly very strong.

This may not be the best forum for this kind of thing... I'm sure there are ASP and/or web design forums that are more suited to this sort of question. (and perhaps less stuck up about the mutilation of the english language)

www.marktaw.com
Wednesday, July 23, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home