Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Personal Keywords

Hi,
  What are your personal keywords, Is there any system exists, which can define universal personal keywords>

Let's take action-keywords for example:
1. Developing program
2. Writing Manual
3. Discussing with Boss
4.  Answering help question
5.  Troubleshooting a ticket
6.  Conifguring a server
you get the point>

I consider that these type of system would be exteremly useful as you can identify objects more easily in terms of standard items. Which can make your life little easy to live with.

Easy
Monday, July 21, 2003

Huh?  Can someone please explain this?  I can't make heads or tails of it.

Is it a desire to write an application?  A list of common tasks?

The Pedant, Brent P. Newhall
Monday, July 21, 2003

Keywords could be of different type..
The list I mentioned is just action keywords in the computing industry. You can say a common list of task. If there is dictionary of such task, everyone can describe their work more easily.

But what my point is much more general.  You work in the industry and when you hear the keyword you can easily have idea what  the other person means in the computer industry related terms.  It's not just the plain words, it's keywords or concept which is capable to tell you many  thing in few words. ex.. 'No boot disk available for the crashed main server'.

Easy
Monday, July 21, 2003

What does Creo's "Six Degrees" do? I'd start from there.

I don't think any universal taxonomy exists for these things. I tend to keep my stuff sorted by person it's related to.

Each organizational scheme depends on how the person views the information. At least that's what I read. One person's "configuring server" is another person's "install app"

www.marktaw.com
Monday, July 21, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home