Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Good Morning America!

It never fails to amaze me how mailing lists and discussion boards light up when the day breaks on the eastern shore of the United States. (I thought of this because the JoS just went blue)

Or is it because it's lunchtime in the UK?

I'd be interested to hear what other corners of the globe perceive as 'net traffic patterns...

Philo

Philo
Friday, July 18, 2003

I'm on lunch in the UK, I usually find that first thing in the morning, and sunday afternoons is nice and quite on the web (at least the english language sites anyway). I guess thats when the US is either asleep or in church!

Dan
Friday, July 18, 2003

I'm in Sri Lanka. 18.30 local time.

Two things are clear: most of the traffic is US, and most of the rest is Europe; most people acccess the site during working hours, and the traffic on a Thursday is double that on a Monday.

Stephen Jones
Friday, July 18, 2003

1 am new zealand :)  god I love my job..the people, the hours...

FullNameRequired
Friday, July 18, 2003

West Coats, US
first thing in the morning - web browsing =)

Passater
Friday, July 18, 2003

You want to reply when everyone's asleep, that way you come off sounding smart.

Anonymous
Friday, July 18, 2003

as someone who sleeps from around 7am to noon EST and is up all the rest of the day and night and online at various times in between, it is interesting to note internet traffic throughout the day.

i would expect more traffic from asia, but perhaps asians spend more time on asian sites? Japan and Korea are becoming quite the internet powerhouses, driving several of the top 10 trafficed internet sites.

www.marktaw.com
Friday, July 18, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home