Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Retaliating against forum posters?

Anyone here see "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back"? It's a couple of years old. I caught it on Showtime a few nights ago. It's kind of an idiot grade "Bill and Ted" with over 1000 f-word enunciations.

I am not into the Kevin Smith movie cult, so the inside gags are a bit above/below my head, but one part of this movie is absolutely hilarious to anyone who posts on internet BBSs.

The two main characters decide to wage a jihad against the anonymous posters on a faux web site called "MoviePoopChute.Com" that contains a vitriol-filled BBS called "The Shooting Gallery".  The comments on the board are basically trashing the characters in an upcoming movie based upon the stoners who are the main characters in this movie (yes, it's a recursive relationship.)

(BTW - the web site in the movie is an obvious parody of "Aint it cool news", right down to the owner, "Harry Balls". If you surf to the *actual* web site on the internet, there is a review of "Shrek" that exclaims how much better Dreamworks is than Disney... ROTFL...)

At the end of the movie, Jay and Silent Bob fly around the country, finding and literally kicking the asses of people who posted negative comments on the message board.

I could really relate to this movie, and for once my wife comprehends what I do on these stupid boards... well, THIS board isn't stupid... but yah know what I mean...

So - Bella, watch out. LOL!

New "Jay and Silent Bob" Fan
Thursday, June 26, 2003

Bella is actually a super computer created by the NSA to invoke emotion from radicals around the world, who thereby leave their safety and seek internet connections to dispose the obvious tripe. The physical location of Bella is known only to those in an elite circle made up of Preisdent Bush, Dick Cheney, Joel Spolsky, and your cafeteria lunch lady from 5th grade, you know..old "helen hair net". The funding for the project was obtained under the project name "nitpick". Not much is none about the software that runs inside Bella but some inside sources have claimed that it is terribly hard to debug as the native language is full of hyperbole.

Good luck in in your search for Bella and godspeed.

trollbooth
Thursday, June 26, 2003

Uh, why doesn't that surprise me? ;-)

Thursday, June 26, 2003

New,

Not a single Magnoliafan posted here yet?
Suprising :)

Darth Randall
Thursday, June 26, 2003

Fuck Jay and Silent Bob!  Fuck them up their stupid asses!

my address is...
Thursday, June 26, 2003

I was waiting for that. :-)

Thursday, June 26, 2003

Incidentally, Jay (Jason Mewes) is a big-time junkie in real life.  See:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/meweswarrant1.html

J. D. Trollinger
Thursday, June 26, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home