Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Free NewsGroup Server

I would like to know if there are good Free Newsgroup server which are not web based (I would like to read and post using Mozilla)

Snacky
Sunday, June 08, 2003

A google search should turn some up, but it's trial and error.

I don't know if I have access because I'm on verizon's network, but news.verizon.net and news.bellatlantic.net work for me.

Do you have an ISP that may supply one for you that you're just not aware of?

www.MarkTAW.com
Sunday, June 08, 2003

My ISP News server is so crap, it sucks big time

Let say for a given newsgroup I just get 5 posts
while on google I get  100 or so.

Also it's not up to date.

Snacky
Sunday, June 08, 2003

On google you should get the entire history of the newsgroup.

If the newsgroup only has 100 posts in it's entire history, then 5 seems like a reasonable number for your ISP to have.

www.MarkTAW.com
Sunday, June 08, 2003

Why don't you check the post count on these newsgroups I frequent:

rec.audio.pro - my server has 8981 posts right now
alt.music.4-track - 373
rec.music.makers.bass - 317
alt.guitar.bass - 4018

This represents about a month. If your ISP's news server has a lot less than that, then I'd switch.

www.MarkTAW.com
Sunday, June 08, 2003

I will switch ISP only if I cannot find a good FREE alternative just for accessing newsgroup.

There are not many ISPs offering ADSL service in my area

Snacky
Sunday, June 08, 2003

I meant switch new servers.

www.MarkTAW.com
Sunday, June 08, 2003

*news

www.MarkTAW.com
Sunday, June 08, 2003

If you mean that you want a free NNTP server that is not on your ISP, with good coverage of newsgroups, lots of luck. There are lists of free servers out there but there is generally something the matter with the access, the number of groups covered, or the retention.

The problem is, bandwidth and system admin "costs" someone.

The following page lists some low cost news servers. Basically, you pay for access, similar to paying for web hosting. Once I has problems with my primary news server and I found a place for $5/mo for basic access w/o support for binary newsgroups.

http://www.newsreaders.com/newsfeeds/

Bored Bystander
Sunday, June 08, 2003

If you are only looking for a few newgroups, give newzbot http://www.newzbot.com/ a try.  It has a search engine for open news servers by group name.

Rich
Sunday, June 08, 2003

I use news.uni-rostock.de.  Looks like they have really good coverage.

Oren Miller
Monday, June 09, 2003

Here are some free news server listed, as well as search sites for free news servers:

http://www.allpicturez.com/newsservers.htm

Seven Samurai
Monday, June 09, 2003

I assure to you that he is legal. First of all honesty is requested.
IT GAINS MUCH SINGLE $6, SINGLE MONEY INVESTING 6 Dollars! Good bye to the economic problems. I did not believe either, but I began, to prove, single were $6, now that I see what I in front of gain seated the computer, enjoying which more I like (to sail by Internet). If they follow the steps (that are not nothing difficult), they began to make money.
IT IS NOT A SWINDLE. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY LEGAL. The main intention of this letter is convencerte of which this it is an honest system, legal, extremely income-producing and also a form to obtain excellent income in a very short period of time. This system has fulfilled several times its cycle natural, it is to say has verified his effectiveness and it has done it with excellent results. We were united to this single program in order to observe that he is what could be obtained with a minimum effort and a little money like investment. Initially, we did not leave anybody found out of which we were doing and as result we received a total of 122 bills of 1 dollar American so single in the first two weeks. The tickets still continue arriving. PLEASE READ VERY WELL THIS And IF IT IS POSSIBLE TWO LÉELO VECES" This it is a message sent single by this occasion, is no necessity of talks back to remove it of the list since you will not receive but messages of our part. **** Imprime if you want this for future references **** This is a legal opportunity and legitimizes to make money. It does not require physical contact with people, it either does not require a work that is heavy or difficult, and the best thing of everything, you will be able to do it from any place of the world (your house, your office, the university, the school, in cyber, from shoping, the field and including from the beach with a portable one), and if it beams from your house, not even you will have to leave her to receive your money. THIS IT IS a PROGRAM OF ELECTRONIC MARKETING, which takes advantage of the world-wide showcase Internet, which guarantees its operation in perfect form... 100 % OF THE TIMES! Thousands of people have used east program to obtain good capitals and to thus initiate their own business, also to stop to pay debts, to buy houses, cars, etc., or still better to retire. Basically this is what we make a chain that goes to thousands of people. Like in all the businesses multilevel, this one will be satisfied on the base of the recruitment of new companions. The previous thing will become using only and exclusively its computer. IT FOLLOWS CAREFUL and EXACTLY the INSTRUCTIONS the process is very easy and consists of three simple steps: Step 1. - Obtén 6 sheets of paper and writes in each one of them "POR FAVOR INCLÚYEME IN YOUR LIST OF CORRESPONDENCE Or E-MAIL". Now it obtains to 6 Tickets of USS1.00 American dollar and introduces each dollar in on with the leaf so that the ticket is not seen through on (as far as possible it surrounds the ticket with a paper coal so that not transluzca). This to prevent robberies with correspondence. Now you must have 6 you exceed sealed and in them a paper with the mentioned phrase and a $1,00 bill of American dollar. What these doing with this are to create a service and that causes that this is ABSOLUTELY LEGAL.
To send the 6 you exceed to the following directions:
1. Rocio Primera
9561 Fontainebleau blvd Miami Florida zip. 33172, USA.

2. Corina Padilla
Segunda Avenida 1331 DP 102 San Miguel, Santiago, Chile.

3. Lilian Isasi
Mayor Sebastián Bullo esq. Patricio Escobar, B° Monseñor Bogarin, Mariano Roque Alonso – Paraguay

4. Velazquez Roxana.
Calle: Antartida Argentina n° 960. B° La Pilar. - Formosa Capital. C.P:3600. Argentina.

5. Elizabeth Bernal
4231 SW 107 Ct. Miami, FL 33165 USA

6. Galarza Horacio.
B° La Pilar. Calle: Antartida Argentina n° 960. Formosa capital- C.p:3600.-Republica Argentina.
Step 3.- #1 of the list eliminates he of above and moves the other names a number for above (it #6 becomes # 5, he #5 becomes # 4, etc.) and it adds YOUR NAME and direction yes (, yours, therefore!!!!) begins to you to arrive the money in him #6 of the list.
Step 3. - Now pon your article in at least 200 newsgroup (they exist more than 53,000 groups). Single you need 200, but how much more amount you put, more money will arrive to you. Here some indications of like introducing itself in the newsgroup go. AS TO HANDLE the NEWSGROUP you do not need to write up all this letter again to do the yours own one. Only pon the cursor in the beginning of this letter, you click and it leaves it pressed and low until the end of the letter and suéltalo. All the letter will have to be shaded. Then it aims and you click in "edit" it arrives of your screen, selects "copy" here;. This will cause that all the letter is in the memory of your computer. Soon it opens to a file in Word or another text processor and pégalo (to beat, paste or (ctrl+v)), another form is simply to lower to the east complete document in a "archivo zip". Then whenever it wants to insert the warning, it opens the file, it copy and it sticks it in the message. Now you will have this letter and you will be able to add your name and direction in him #6 being followed the instructions of above. HE IS EVERYTHING! Everything what you must do is meterte in different "newsgroups", or classified, or announcements free. In order to arrive at them in any finder pon these terms and will appear thousands of paginas. Pon all this announcement (but with your name in position 6, disappearing the 1; when you already have practice, only it will take about 20 seconds him by each newsgroup). ** REMEMBERS, WHATEVER MORE NEWSGROUP YOU OBTAIN, MORE ANSWERS (And MONEY) YOU WILL RECEIVE! BUT YOU MUST ALREADY ENTER AT LEAST 200 ** THIS!!... you will be receiving money worldwide, of places that nor you know and in few days. ** ASEGÚRATE OF WHICH ALL CORRECT DIRECTIONS ESTEN ** Now he BECAUSE of all this: Of 200 envoys, we say that to single receipt 5 answers (lowest example). Then I did $5,00 with my name in the position #6 of this letter. Now, each one of the 5 people who already sent the $1,00 makes a minimum of 200 newsgroup, each one with my name in him #5 of the list and single 5 people to each one of the 5 original ones respond, this does $ 25,00 more than I receive, now these people put a minimum of 200 newsgroup with my name in #4 place and single 5 are received answer of each one. It would be doing other $ 125,00 additional ones. Now these 125 people put their minimums of 200 groups with my name in #3 place and I receive an additional one of $ 625.00. OK, here this the amused part more, each one of the 625 people put their letters in other 200 groups with my name in him #2 and each one receives single 5 answers, this causes that I receive $ 3.125,00. These 3,125 people will send this message to a minimum of 200 newsgroup with my name in him #1 and if single 5 people respond of the 200 groups, I will be receiving $ 15.625,00 of an original investment of $6,00 more stamps (seals). FABULOUS! and as I said before, that single 5 people respond is very little, the average real serious (of the 200 who respond 30-40 people) There that we put these numbers to calculate. Let us return to be pessimistic If single 15 people respond, this does: In #6---------$15.00 In #5---------$225.00 In #4---------$3,375.00 In #3---------$50,625.00 In #2---------$759,375.00 In #1---------$11,390,625.00 IF!!!!, More than ELEVEN MILLION DOLLARS. !!!!!!!!! SIMPLE STATISTIC!!!!!! Once your name no longer this in the list, again removes the last announcement from the newsgroup. What must remember is that thousands of people more, anywhere in the world, connect to Internet every day and will read these articles every day as you and I do. So I believe that nobody would have problems to invest $6,00 and to see yes really works. Some people get to think... "y if nobody decides contestarme?". What! Which is chance of which this happens when there are thousands and thousands of honest people (who as we) they look for a way to have financial independence and to make easy money!!... and that is arranged to treat, because "no is worse fight than the one than not hace". Esteem that exists 40,000 to 60,000 new users Every day! (anywhere in the world). ANOTHER SYSTEM TO COMMUNICATE IS OBTAINING EMAIL OF PARTICULAR PEOPLE. THEY MUST BE At least 200 DIRECTIONS, And THIS HAS A Minimum EFFECTIVENESS From The 10 To 25%. IF SINGLE YOU LOOK FOR PEOPLE WHO SPEAK SPANISH, IT SEES An Email SUPPLIER And PRINTS A LATIN LAST NAME ALREADY And THIS. Another form is to publish this letter in your PAGINA WEB (if you have it). It remembers to do this of CORRECT, CLEAN and HONEST form and will work with complete certainty. It remembers: YOU NEVER BREAK THE WHEEL! It is verified that the people who broke it single got to obtain at the most 100 to 200 $. Only you must be honest. Asegúrate to print this article NOW, tries to maintain the list of all those that always send money to you and fíjate in the newsgroup and sees if all are participating cleanly. It remembers, The HONESTY IS The BEST METODO. VERIFIED!!!!! You do not need to make tricks with the basic idea make money in this! *** By the way, that if you defraud to the people putting messages with your name and do not send any money to the others of the list you will not receive ANYTHING almost. I have talked with people who met who did this and single they got to collect about $150,00, and that after 7 weeks. Some decided to prove again, doing it correctly, and in 4-5 weeks received more than $10,000.00. This is the cleanest and honest way to share fortune that I never have seen, without costing to us much except a little time. THE TIME IS IMPORTANT! not to let pass more than 7 days of the moment that you see east article. Also you can obtain list of email for extradollars. Let us follow all the rules of the business. It remembers to mention these extra gains in your declarations of taxes. "Los fruits of the honesty take shelter in very just a short time and last for siempre" Chinese Proverb. Thanks again. You test and acuérdate...
OPPORTUNITIES AS THIS APPEARED TO YOU ONCE SINGLE IN THE LIFE. Good Luck...

Angel
Monday, August 23, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home