Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Adding favorites URL to a web site

Is there a way to select a URL on IE and then
add the link to the favorites but also update your favorites sites list on a Web Site

Is there a freeware or an IE plug in which does publish
newly added items to a web site ?

Snacky
Sunday, May 18, 2003

I use Blogger for this. Add a "BlogThis!" link to your Links section and click it to add that page to you Blogger thingy.

www.marktaw.com
Sunday, May 18, 2003

From the menu select File -> Import and Export, then select Export Favorites.  It will export your favorites to an html file.  It won't, however, automatically ftp the file to a website.

Nick
Monday, May 19, 2003

Excellent. I have now learned something new and useful that I didn't know even existed. To think I spent an hour or so only last week knocking up a quick app to do (almost) exactly this. Thanks, Nick!

Maybe a new article there, Joel - How we become blind to obvious application features (I'm assuming other people also have these forehead slapping moments, or am I just a total cretin?).

Justin
Monday, May 19, 2003

Funny that you mention that forehead slapping: I had been writing a fairly complex application for more hours that I'd like to admit, then posted a question to this forum (just 4 topics below yours) only to find that the solution is so trivial I will have to disguise it somehow to avoid total embarrassment :-)

Dario Vasconcelos
Monday, May 19, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home