Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Resume writing services.

Do you guys know any good resume writing services. This is for a friend who want's a resume and a CV written.

Thanks,

Prakash S
Friday, May 09, 2003

The experience of writing and revising his own resume would be good for him.

I'm sure there's a google-ish way to look at other people's resumes for ideas.  Pick what he likes, and go forward from there.

When I was in college, the computer lab had a big, spiral bound book in it.  When you were about to graduate, you could leaf through 100 or so resumes for ideas.  When you graduated, you put your resume in the book. :-)

It's been my experience that a lot of the people who you pay to "help you find a job" are far more interesting in collecting fees than in getting you a job ...

Matt H.
Friday, May 09, 2003

Search for your target job.

Copy phrases from the job descriptions.

Copy phrases from other resumes.

Nobody writes as good swag as the people who write job descriptions. Tons of buzz words and other things nobody uses in real life. Very professional looking.

www.marktaw.com
Friday, May 09, 2003

Doesn't matter what he writes in his résumé.  He should concentrate on getting a job through networking (i.e., asking for job tips from friends, fraternity brothers, long-lost cousins, next-door-neighbors, etc.).

J. D. Trollinger
Friday, May 09, 2003

Thanks Guys, yeah he is already sending out his resume to friends, and doing the networking thing.

Prakash S
Sunday, May 11, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home