Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Web based POP3 forwarding service ?

Hi All

I am looking a web-based service which can extract mail from a POP3 mail box on a regular basis, and forward it on to my work email address - I'm sure I have seen such a beast in the past, but I can't locate one now

Anybody know if such a thing exists ?  (If it happens to be free then so much the better !

TIA

Matt

Tommt
Wednesday, May 07, 2003

Hi Tommt,

I use this service to manage all of our email from various domains: http://www.everyone.net/email_personal.html

So far no problems at all on 6 domains over a year or so.

Hope that helps,

--Josh

JWA
Wednesday, May 07, 2003

After re-reading your message I'm not sure that's what you're looking for.

Almost every pop account has the option at the server admin level to setup an auto-forwarding rule, doesn't this one?

--Josh

JWA
Wednesday, May 07, 2003

Dear Tom,
                Most ISP's allow you to forward mail. You  normally go to their website and there will be a form allowing you to forward email.

Many ISP's also have a web interface that lets you read your emails from the web.

If you connect through a dial-up account at work, then you should be able to download the POP3 mail from your own account. Open relay problems now prevent you using the distant account to send from, but you should be able to download your POP3 mail with no problem. I have two POP3 accounts, one for Saudi and one for Sri Lanka, and I get messages from both in either country.

If you can do none of the above things then what you can do is set up a Yahoo acciount and use that to download your POP3 mail to your Yahoo account. Then have Yahoo set up to deliver all of its mail to your work email (you'll have to accept ads though).

I hope this has been of some help.

Stephen Jones
Thursday, May 08, 2003

If you can do none of the above things then what you can do is set up a Yahoo acciount and use that to download your POP3 mail to your Yahoo account. Then have Yahoo set up to deliver all of its mail to your work email (you'll have to accept ads though).

This sounds like what I need... I am on a corporate network at work and so have no direct POP3 access through the firewall !

Thanks to all for our help !

Tommt
Friday, May 09, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home