Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Forum Software Beta 3

For those interested:

I have upload Beta Version 3 of the forum software.  This version supports email via CDO.

Although it does not as of yet have a search feature, I think the forum is coming along nicely.

- http://dbehnke.users5.50megs.com -

Dave B.
Friday, April 04, 2003

Can you provide a glimpse of it?

pb
Saturday, April 05, 2003

Yes, that would be nice.

Thomas Eyde
Sunday, April 06, 2003

If by 'glimpse' you mean 'screenshots' then the answer is: I don't have a website (with screenshots) setup as of yet but am working on one.

On the other hand, If by 'glimpse' you mean - ( summary of features, why did I write it?, what does it do? etc etc ), then the answer is that I am also working on a FAQ.

At the moment, the only way to see what it looks like is to download and run it.  It is a free download and fairly easy to setup.

Dave B.
Sunday, April 06, 2003

I was thinking more of an online version we could actually use, so we don't have to install it for our selves. Yes, I am lazy.

Thomas Eyde
Sunday, April 06, 2003

I second the motion--a link to a test site that uses the software would be very helpful. It would be nice to know if it's something I'm interested in before I spend the time downloading it and installing it.

Dave
Monday, April 07, 2003

This is simply a personal project that I started to answer the commonly asked questions posted on this forum like: 'Where can I get this forum software?' and 'How does it work?'

To put it bluntly, An online version isn't going to happen unless I can find a free ASP/SQL Server host.  I can't host it myself as I am on dial-up. (Well, I guess I could but it would be painfully slow.)

Dave B.
Monday, April 07, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home