Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

CAMEL - new home

After some time struggling with Blogger, CAMEL now has a home of its own. Feel free to watch my postings from a real live Dilbert project:
http://www.saintchad.org/blog/

I'll keep posting progress. At least until someone in management finds the blog, figures out it's me, and fires me. :-)

Philo

Philo
Tuesday, April 01, 2003

If you are disclosing information you aren't allowed to disclose please let us know. It's one thing to talk about a fictional example to persuade, it's another thing to blog about confidential proceedings. Please understand I am not accusing you of anything, just want to be sure everything is kosher. I apologize if you take this the wrong way.

Li-fan Chen
Tuesday, April 01, 2003

No apology necessary. I'm well aware of my obligations and making efforts to maintain confidences and respect NDA's where appropriate. The two other lead architects know about this blog.

My personal take on it - would some people involved in this be embarrassed if this documentation came to light and the office involved were identified? Of course. Does my clearance require protecting management against embarrassment? Absolutley not.

All I ask is that nobody try to make guesses about where I'm working. :)

Philo

Philo
Tuesday, April 01, 2003

Nice Philo,

any chance of putting an RSS feed on that?

Just me (Sir to you)
Tuesday, April 01, 2003

Yeah - I'll see what I can do tonight...

Philo

Philo
Tuesday, April 01, 2003

I'm looking forward to seeing how this progresses!

Mark Hoffman
Tuesday, April 01, 2003

Glad you gathered this all in one place; I've added it to my sites of interest.
I will comment only that the registration requirement on your forum prohibits me from posting there...

could be anyone
Tuesday, April 01, 2003

[sigh] yeah - I thought turning off "registration required" meant you could post without registration - turns out that only controls viewing, not posting.

I'll have to see if I can hack the source to allow posting without registration; otherwise I'll have to find another forum package.

Philo

Philo
Tuesday, April 01, 2003

RSS is up!

http://www.saintchad.org/rss/saintchad.xml

(Unless there's a better place I should keep it?)

Philo

Philo
Tuesday, April 01, 2003

Oops!

http://www.saintchad.org/blog/rss/saintchad.xml

Philo

Philo
Tuesday, April 01, 2003

Maybe managemnet will read it and give you a promotion aka Office Space:-)

Thanks for putting up the blog..

Prakash S
Tuesday, April 01, 2003

It seems like you're giving out quite a bit of identifiable information. I mean, how many other teams of developers are working on a case management system like this?

Kirk
Tuesday, April 01, 2003

I've found a few dozen just in the state I think he is in alrdeay and I was only looking for an hour.

Tony Chang
Tuesday, April 01, 2003

The (CAMEL) forum seems to be... err... 500 Internal Server Error

Wednesday, April 02, 2003

No luck retrieving the RSS so far.

Just me (Sir to you)

I think this type of developer blog is a great idea!

I too am looking forward to seeing how this project progresses!

Allowing for constructive comments on daily postings would be a nice to see feature. That way people who post here don't have to clog up Joel's forum with posts specific to the CAMEL project.

One Programmer's Opinion

For the RSS make sure you're using the second link -
http://www.saintchad.org/blog/rss/saintchad.xml
I just checked, it's there.

As for the forum - had to do an emergency reboot for a project, forgot to restart that SQL server. d'oh! Not a big deal, tho, since I'm going to put a new forum in that doesn't require registration to post.

Philo

Philo

Philo,

Got a better definiton for Committee (Source: Reader's Digest)

Committee: A group of people who individually can do nothing but as a group decides that nothing can be done.

:-)

Prakash S

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home