Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

How is CityDesk doing?

Well, that's my questiong. I like you Joel. You know usability and marketing and being nice. So I wonder how your product is doing. Bye

Manuel Razzari
Saturday, June 01, 2002

CityDesk must be doing well because it has kept Joel so busy that he does not have time to write new JoelOnSoftware articles! Or CityDesk is doing so poorly that Joel cannot afford to pay his monthly ISP bill.

Zwarm Monkey
Monday, June 03, 2002

It's getting good press on one of the top Blogging sites - USS Clueless (http://www.denbeste.nu/).  It is not often that you see the political bloggers admiring software but you can certainly tell he likes CityDesk.

Mark Brittingham
Wednesday, June 12, 2002

Thanks for the kind words about my site (USS Clueless). For whatever it's worth, I'm also a technogeek. I worked as a software engineer for 25 years before I retired.

No package is perfect, and there are aspects of CityDesk I wish were improved, but by and large I really like it a lot. From my point of view, by far the biggest advantage it has over any of the competing packages is that it lets me compose my work using a WYSIWYG editor. There are a number of other advantages, but that's the big one.

(On the other hand, my publish-time is up to 59 seconds now. I sure hope they solve that in V2.)

Steven C. Den Beste
Wednesday, June 12, 2002

I just wanted to say I was impressed with CityDesk.  It does what it says it does and nothing else...unlike other programs that are getting so complex that you cannot possible use all the features and the features you want are so hard to find four dialog boxes down, etc.  (ie. MSWord after 6.0)

The UI is clean and easy to understand with standard windows controls and whatnot.  So I guess that shows that Joel knows what he is talking about?

Just .02 from another computer guy looking...

Steven L Cooper
Wednesday, June 19, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home