Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Guerilla marketing

no marketing in the world could make fog creek a software company, you sell garbage and eventually you would realize this.

meonstupidjoel
Wednesday, April 10, 2002

Your right. It looks like they'll have to rely on their software to do that.  Could any amount of Marketing convince you to use your real name and email?

Dan Sickles

I think I understand why no one goes in real sensible detail why Joel is such a big stupidhead.  It's because he might learn from the criticism and become successful.  Haha, nice try Joel, but no R&D for you!

Roger Hobson

Geesh, If you dont want to take part, then dont, but please, stop with the crap !!

James Ladd

Its so easy to anonymously criticize.

In this case its too personal, we are talking about software, not abortion, or human cloning or any other emotive filled issue. Joel may rub you the wrong way for some unknown reason, but I do'nt think that calling him "stupid" achieves a thing. To my knowledge he has never made a personal attack on anybody and called them silly names.

I know this thread wont get deleted, but it would'nt worry me if it did.

Tony

"big stupidhead"???

I think we can assume here that a high school kid stumbled on the site and let it pass at that.  I mean really, "big stupidhead"?

John
Thursday, April 11, 2002

Anyone that uses the word Stupidhead is obviously a Stupidhead. It's as simple as that. Now let this be the last post in this thread lest we degenerate into Stupidheaded Sillyness.

Mark W
Thursday, April 11, 2002

That is the danger of such threads.  I was being sarcastic, pointing out that these people who criticize Joel almost never point out anything specific.  Sadly enough, they are absolutely free to state their points eloquently and convincingly, but don't.

To state more clearly:  Me like Joel.  Me agree more often than healthy.  Me want intelligent criticism when it occurs.

You zealots disturb me.

Roger Hobson
Thursday, April 11, 2002

Actually, I was going to write something more serious after that first comment of mine, but I was interrupted at work.  Sorry.

I just sort of wished that people who get on here to flame away would create a weblog from the other side of software eng.  Perhaps a "Roderick on Programmes," wherein he (or she!) berates teams for not using Z notation in algorithm proofs, and the like.  That would be the best possible response, and healthy.

Roger Hobson
Thursday, April 11, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home