Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

disappearing post

Oh man, that scathing rant about Winer that was on Joel's index an hour ago is gone, and now my cache doesn't have it either. Anyone grab it before Joel removed it? It was insightful and great.

fefo
Thursday, February 07, 2002

Was this a recent topic, or an old one?  It would disappoint me if Joel removed an old one, but if someone just started a new topic to do this... then the author should keep in mind that much of Winer's point is to stir up talk.

No matter how much some of us charge for thought, it's nearly an infinite resource...

Richard Jenkins

Search for Dave.

anon

For some unaccountable reason I'm reminded of 'The President's Brain is Missing'

Simon Lucy

This one?

http://discuss.fogcreek.com/joelonsoftware/default.asp?cmd=show&ixPost=3185&ixReplies=17

Ged Byrne

no, he had a whole post on the front page of joelonsoftware about some stupid comment Winer made, burning Winer pretty bad. But then he took it down.

fefo2

Sounds like Joel "did a Dave".  Winer is known for ripping into people, then deleting the evidence.

Jake
Monday, February 11, 2002

Looking at the permenant link icons on the frount page 353 is missing.  That must have been the offending article.

Ged Byrne
Tuesday, February 12, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home