Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

3 Forgetful Ladies

Alright, I should say taht my mother didn't let me laugh of old people, but the idea is still... an idea (if it's not a funny joke).

Actually it's 2 ladies:

Lady1: "Lady2, are you going to the fruit market?"

Lady2: "No, I'm going to the fruit market".

Lady1: "Oh, I thought that you're going to the fruit market".

(Sorry about the naming... :)

Bob
Thursday, March 13, 2003

Those 'ladies' wouldn't by any chance represent something else, like... say... Pints of Guiness?  Would they?

B#
Thursday, March 13, 2003

This reminds me of a mathematician trying to tell a bedtime story: "Let there be a wolf W and three pigs P1, P2, and P3..."

And I'm sorry to say there is prior art, so you won't be able to patent this joke. The differences are cosmetical: they are male, one of them is going to fish, and they have hearing, not memory problems.

Marcos M. Rubinelli
Thursday, March 13, 2003

I should add that the above discussion took place in fruit market...

It wasn't about joking, I referred to what Joel wrote about his bank's slow web site, that he feels like an old forgetful lady. I wanted to add a different kind of forgetful lady. Joel's ladies want to take out the trash or to go to the grocery, but my ladies are here to talk crap, or anything.

People like crap, heat, hate, and sometimes a good laugh too. That's why they go to Slashdot, I guess.

But Joel didn't want that.

Bob
Thursday, March 13, 2003

In times of bad economy do you guys suppose the agencies have all the advantages? They seems to be the only one promising to be able to sift through thousands upon thousands of resumes no one can read through.

Sometimes I feel so bad for these poor companies in desperate need to sift through the hay that I wish two paragraphs, 8 frames of powerpoint, or a 1 minute video is all job seekers ever submit.

-- David

Li-fan Chen
Friday, March 14, 2003

What on earth are you all going on about?

Duncan Smart
Friday, March 14, 2003

I don't know if David's post was related so much, but I was talking about Joel article Building Communities with Software http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/BuildingCommunitieswithSo.html

Bob
Saturday, March 15, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home