Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Click out tracking script

Can anyone point me to a decent *basic* click out tracking script? I've checked a ton of the scripts out there and they all seem poorly designed or have too many useless features. I'm just looking for a simple redirect script that logs each click out. Perl or PHP. MySQL, txt file, dbm. Daily/weekly reports. I suppose I could do it myself but was thinking it would be simple to find something out there.

Which leads me to a rant: despite the dozens of script sites with zillions of free and low cost scripts, there are so, so few decent solutions. Script authors seem to invariably lose interest, have featuritis or zero understanding of user needs. The script hosting sites would do well do have editors. The voting schemes tend to be completely unuseful.

pb
Friday, March 07, 2003

Sometimes free is exactly the value.

Simon Lucy
Friday, March 07, 2003

Yes pb, go ahead and write up a really good implementation of all those things that are lacking and post it somewhere as a free download. I would definitelyf be interested in any high quality free software you want to make available to the community. There just isn't enough high quality free stuff around.

wants to be free
Friday, March 07, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home