Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Joel's my Inspiration!

Isn't it interesting how Joel's site is the spark for many a rumination on software development theory?

Why is this? Have we all been carrying around these secret thoughts about software development but didn't know where to post them?

Or have we never examined the development process in much detail, but, through our visits here, had ideas begin to coalesce that have only existed at the subconscious level?

Replies are discouraged.

:)

Ryan
Thursday, January 31, 2002

It seems rather silly to ask a series of (decidedly non-rhetorical) questions, and then discourage replies.

It's not really that surprising. Most of the things we're saying here have been discussed to death on places like Ward's Wiki ( http://c2.com/cgi/wiki ) for years, and on Usenet for decades.

It seems that one thing computer nerds love doing is telling the world their opinions. Give us a place where some non-negligible number of people may read what we write, and we're off!

Charles Miller

opinions are like asses, everyones got one...

Guy Incognito

"opinions are like asses, everyones got one... "

I guess thats why people should think before they experess their opinions...btw, i see a wide open hole in yours

who cares
Monday, February 04, 2002

In order to to fulfill the natural Law on Flames now, I'll just mention Adolf Hitler and get it out of the way.

Simon Lucy
Wednesday, February 06, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home