Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Don't let your wife do usability testing...

I did, and she exposed all these flaws in the design of the screens, the assumptions I had made about my users, and the lack of good help content.

Now I have to take her out to dinner, which blows my entire marketing budget for my website.

Anybody know the winning lotto numbers in advance?

I wish I had been born rich
Friday, February 21, 2003

LOL!!

Robert Chevallier

4 17 24 39 42 49

Joe Blandy

tapiwa
Saturday, February 22, 2003

OK, so 42 is the answer, but what's the question?

Craig

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

The answer is obviously 42, but the tough part of the question is what unit of measurement is it in?

Metric Tons

Hehe. Sounds like someone has'nt played the lottery.  Take for example the Powerball, I believe there are 6 numbers.  The first five range from like 1 - 49 and the 6'th (i.e. the powerball) ranges from 1 - 51.  (Don't quote me on that.)  So when the poster posted that list of numbers, he was guessing all six.  The odds are like 1:120,000,000.

Now if there were only six choices, which i'm assuming the 42 was picked from the previous posts list then yea the odds would be a tad too easy 1:6.

I've written a program that takes all the previous PB picks and does some crazy stuff with 'em, but it still does'nt help me win hehe.  Although it was kinda fun making it.

Lotto

42 or 6 is ALWAYS the answer contingent upon whether you believe Douglas Adams or George Carlin

Another PC

42 is how many times you would need to fold a piece of paper .1mm thick so that it was 384,000 kilometers thick (the average distance to the moon).

14 year contractor
Sunday, February 23, 2003

anyone read the last books in the hhgttg tri/quadology?

anyone who had would be able to recreate the question by picking letters out of a bag of scramble letters..

strange story
Monday, February 24, 2003

Only if the process was at an end, or very near the end.

I really must try the anti-bulldozer technique next time I get a day when I'm not being productive - "Look, you're resigned to the fact that I'm going to be here all day and not get anything done, right? So what say I just nip off down the pub for a while, okay? Oh. And lie down in front of this bulldozer while I'm gone, will you?!"

"What do you get if you multiply nine by six? Forty-two."

the question

... I thought Intel fixed that Pentium bug ...

Alyosha`

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home