Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

More Job Openings

My new company is hiring an EDI analyst and the support services team leader: (UNIX, Win2000, Novell)

www.priority-health.com

All work is in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

regards,

Matt H.
Friday, February 14, 2003

That kind of thing is why I created ww.ijustheard.com

Simon Lucy
Saturday, February 15, 2003

Cool idea Simon, but is it really open for leeches, err, I mean agencies? They have their own websites and other outlets (jobserve, trade press, etc.), why are you giving them another one for free? It would be nice to reserve it exclusively for companies who want to hire direct and people who "have just heard" that there are openings at their company (or the one down the road for that matter).

Monday, February 17, 2003

It is reserved for people 'who just heard'

I'm not interested in agencies.

Simon Lucy

Just to clarify, apart from the last posting on there (which doesn't seem to have an email address to get any further information) anything from an agency that's there was posted by me because I was mailed directly about it.

And in that sense, 'I just heard about it'

Simon Lucy

"Just to clarify, apart from the last posting on there (which doesn't seem to have an email address to get any further information"

Umm, it is in the body of the post...

Well that's ok then :-) 
If the site became polluted with agencies posting their own jobs then I'd just delete them, one or two might get through or someone might become creative and add a wrapper 'I just hear...'

All that is moot if no one uses the site anyway.  If it gets used then it will work, if it doesn't then no one ever heard of it anyway.

Simon Lucy

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home