Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Programmer's Paradise column

Joel sez:

"The only way to read the column is to get the catalog, which you can do for free here."

...as long as you live in the US or Canada. Grrrr.

James Kew
Wednesday, February 12, 2003

I was a bit surprised by this 'cos I thought Joel was the sort of chap who would insist on keeping the rights over works he produces...

Gwyn

Huh?

John Rosenberg

"I was a bit surprised by this 'cos I thought Joel was the sort of chap who would insist on keeping the rights over works he produces... "

Typically, when you write something for publication, the publisher purchases it from you. Therefore, they own the rights. That's just the way it works in virtually any type of publishing arrangement.

Mark Hoffman

Not to mention its uh... Just a review.  How useful is it to own the rights to a product review you've written?  Not quite like writing the great american novel, or a useful technical paper.

George McBay

Some writers might sell the publishing rights, non exclusive, and keeping the copyrights for themselves

Bob

As long as you live in USA ...

I was particularly interested in the erwin review as i am closely aligned with Sybase on PowerDesigner - i do the periodic ERStudio Describe; Visio, Rose evaluations

Karel in .za

Karel
Thursday, February 13, 2003

In Canada too?

So far, no go.  I've been waiting for over 30 days for my catalog.

happy to be working

I'm in Canada too, and am still waiting for my copy as well. However, I did get the previous issue a while ago.

Avrom Finkelstein

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home