Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Metrowerks CodeWarrior

Hi folks,

I wonder if some of you have experience with the Metrowerks CodeWarrior C++ compiler / IDE. I'm currently investigating which C++ environment I should use for a new project that I'm working on. At first, it's going to be a Windows application, but we also want to produce a Mac version shortly afterwards. That's why we're interested in the cross-compiler features offered by CodeWarrior. Otherwise, we'd probably go for Borland C++ Builder.

I'm especially interested in tips regarding Windows / Mac cross-platform applications (traps, pitfalls, and so on). Any comments?

Frederik Slijkerman
Wednesday, January 29, 2003

Had experience with CodeWarrior Mac/Windows development. It is really good tool. But more of a concern your stress should be on what r u goin to use? R U going to use codewarrior framework etc etc.
We had our code such that, we had no problems with development environment as such. In fact on Mac we used MPW on Windows Codewarrior. We felt at times Visual Studio was better. We also have codewarrior build for both environment for a different project.
But people not experienced in MPW, plus does not want to try juggling various tools, CodeWarrior perfectly fits the requirement.
By the way our front end was done on RealBasic.

If you put specific questions I may be answer those.

R K
Thursday, January 30, 2003

I don't check these boards too often here at Joel's site, but if you have CodeWarrior questions, I highly suggest using the newsgroup codewarrior.windows, since several Metrowerks employees (including me) monitor that group and answer queries.  I also monitor codewarrior.palm, since that's my primary concern.

Ben Combee
Tuesday, February 04, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home