Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Not receiving emails from joel?

I have subscribed to joel's mailing list, and a new article came out today ( http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/MouthWideShut.html )

BUT, I didn't receive an email notification.  Nor did I receive one for the City Desk entity classes article ( http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/CityDeskEntityClasses.html )

I consider these articles, because they have the edit box that you can 'subscribe' at the bottom.

Am I wrong for assuming that?  Were these really not articles? Did anybody receive emails and for some reason maybe my email is getting bounced?

William C
Thursday, January 16, 2003

The mailing list is intentionally low-frequency, whenever I post something that I consider "significant" but usually about once a month.

CityDesk Entity Classes was only of interest to a few people so it didn't merit an email.

Given all the rubbish people get in their mail these days, I only intend to send mail every month or so. If you want to hear every word the minute it comes out, just check the website frequently.

Joel Spolsky

(By the way there was an email today, it started to go out around 4:05 PM New York time. If you don't get it, check your spam filters. The mailing list comes from fogcreek@whatcounts.com).

Joel Spolsky

Just arrived a second ago; 21.14 GMT 16/01/2003

Stephen Jones

Thanks joel.

Interesting.  You deleted all replies after my initial post ... but the "reply count" on the main page still shows the count before the delete.

1) Yes, I do check every day.

2) I was wary of Entity classes being an article that has an email sent out, but something like Mouth Wide Shut looked like an article that might cause an email to be sent.  I've heard you speak of people getting emails bounced ... and I just wanted to see if I was one of them.

3) Yes, I just received the email.

Thanks again.

William C

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home