Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Merry Xmas

Merry Xmas and happy new year everybody. :)

I have some curious questions: how many days of holiday do you have this Xmas? What are you planning to do? How many of you will do job-related stuff, learning C#, playing around with the trial version of CityDesk, etc., in your holiday?

A friend of mine work in ATI. He told me his Xmas won't be that merry. :(

S.C.
Friday, December 20, 2002

1 1/2 day vacation ...but taking 2 weeks...traveling, visiting family, relaxing, NO COMPUTER  :)

Have a good one

apw

Well, that's a sore point here. We're closed for two full weeks but we must use up vacation for 6 of the days, or not get paid. Makes the "generous" vacation plan less generous.

Oh well, since I can't work I guess I'll be painting the new addition on my house. Fun ... not!

sgf

Hi, Merry Christmas. My company has given has a week off. This is more likely to business being a bit slow during end of the year.

Take care and this is a wonderfull site.

suhu
Sunday, December 22, 2002

My last company had holiday running from December to December, rather from January to January like most companies. This meant everybody, even new starters could take off all the time from Christmas to the New Year.

Whereas here, I've just got Christmas Day and Boxing Day off, and only then because they're public holidays. And I don't finish work early tomorrow, whereas all the shops are shutting early....

Better than being unemployed....
Monday, December 23, 2002

Be thankful. Most of us "yanks" only have Christmas Day off.

marc

I don't seem to remember getting any public holidays around the end of November, or around the start of July.

Vive la difference.

Better than being unemployed....

Working Christmas Day and half of Boxing Day!

Mind you I only got back from the two weeks Ramadan holiday a few days ago!

Still it was better when Ramadan and Christmas coincided, as they did for the last two years.

I suppose I should try for a job in Kuwait again.There the English schools took both the Muslim and the Christian holidays. Arrived at the middle of October and took five one to two week paid holidays before the long vacation end June!

Stephen Jones

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home