Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Funny/Interesting threads in this forum

I spend about an hour everyday on this forum. I am amazed by the variety of inputs. Some are real fun to read and some very interesting.

Similarities between Prostitution and Programming : was real fun to read and most of the comments made me laugh so much.
http://discuss.fogcreek.com/joelonsoftware/default.asp?cmd=show&ixPost=23081&ixReplies=29

Interesting Stuff: Raider's from Within
http://discuss.fogcreek.com/joelonsoftware/default.asp?cmd=show&ixPost=22796&ixReplies=17

I haven't read all the threads so I would have missed out lots of stuff. Please do post your favorites.

Bob
Thursday, December 19, 2002

An hour per day????

pb

you have way too much time on your hands buddy!

wiser

Yep! I come into office @7.00am and get most of work done by 10.00am. I usually spend 10-15mins chunks as breaks (4-6) and leave home @8.00pm! Not much of a social life though.

Bob

Bob(Consultant):  What is it ya do here?
Bob: Well look, I already told you, I deal with the goddamn customers so the engineers don't have to. I have people skills! I am good at dealing with people!  Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?

GiorgioG

Been watching Office Space?

Bob

Bob, my man, you need to get a life. JOS used to be fun not anymore! I am sure 99.99% of people in this forum would agree.

wiser

Wiser,

I will have to agree with you. The level of trolling and flaming were minimal in the past, but recently I got torn a new one on these forums when I was trying to have a discussion about a topic that I felt strongly about. I am hesitant about posting anything because I think that even my helpful advice will be flamed and shot-down.

Giampiero

G:

My perspective is that whether I agree with your posts or not, whether I like them or not, there is value to their existance. If you are silenced by your critics, we've lost something important.

As for 99.9% of this forum being useless, I'm gratified if I find one thing on the forum that teaches me something. every time I surf over here.

You have to move a lot of coal to find a diamond!

As Richard Feynman's wife put it, "what do you care what other people think?"

http://www.braithwaite-lee.com/

Reginald Braithwaite-Lee

Oh! Sorry guys! Didn't mean to pick on any thread or message. True! I need to have a life.

Bob

"As Richard Feynman's wife put it, 'what do you care what other people think?' "

Heh.  Big deal.  Give me a Nobel Prize, and I'll be a rugged individualist, too.

J. D. Trollinger

This is a real cool forum. And since the threads vary from the brilliant to the down right humourous, it is a must visit for me. Helps me get back to work after a long period of programming etc.

suhu
Sunday, December 22, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home