Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Using FogBugz(tm)

Joel:

Once you have set up an instance of your FogBugz(tm) product to track enhancments that you are making to the discuss.fogcreek.com message forum, are you planning on enabling a web-based interface so that everyone can contribute bug reports and patches?  Thanks!

Anon Lover
Tuesday, October 16, 2001

I think as far as the software behind "discuss.fogcreek.com" - it's pretty much finished.  We just needed something quick and simple and this is it.  It would be nice to add a few more features, pack it in a setup program and sell it for cheap, but right now our main focus is on CityDesk.

(When I first read your post I thought you were talking about a feature which I am adding to FogBUGZ.  You'll notice that when you use CityDesk, if it crashes, it allows you to submit information about the crash to a FogBUGZ installation (behind the scenes) which keeps track of all that info.  Its the perfect beta tool.  You just bundle an OCX in your app, and it can add bugz to your FogBUGZ install automatically (it can even remember if the same bug happens for two different people to just add to the existing bugz's description instead of creating a new one).

Michael Pryor
Tuesday, October 16, 2001

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home