Monday, July 29, 2002

I'm getting Married this weekend.

Everything else is comentary.

adam
Monday, July 29, 2002

Also, I need to learn to spell check.

adam
Monday, July 29, 2002

I'm going to Sweden this week and collude with one of our hardware manufacturers.  Should be fun.  Nice time for my Dell laptop keyboard to die (I have to use an external one).

Nat Ersoz
Monday, July 29, 2002

im going home (to buffalo ny) for my familie's annual corn roast and to see my mom, she just had brain surgery...

apw
Monday, July 29, 2002

I'm started converting the GUI for my mothers product database from access forms to a delphi exe (learning delphi),  caught some amazing waves on the weekend (learning to surf), trying to sell my Jeep (learning not to impulse buy).

Jack lives over there ->
Monday, July 29, 2002

Outbound on weekend.
Need a massage especially to my back.
Very sleepy yesterday at work.
Will get married next month (I am sooo excited, there's no worry at all).
Listen to Bruce Springsteen's album The Rising, good lyric, but so-so musically.

Atari
Tuesday, July 30, 2002

Work is going crazy.  Everybody is putting in huge hours but moral isn't as bad as you might guess.  My hockey team keeps losing but personally I'm still having fun.  I love to get out on the ice and play hard.

I have a four game scoring streak.

vanguard
Tuesday, July 30, 2002

To you folks getting married soon -- congrats! It was the best move I ever made in my own life, and we just had our 10-year anniversary a few months ago.

Troy King
Tuesday, July 30, 2002

I will be going to British Columbia on Friday :-) and I will stay a whole month.

Gosh, I am looking forward to it.

Have fun,

Jutta Jordans
Tuesday, July 30, 2002

I am looking for a job and it's not gonna be easy.

Sam Wong
Tuesday, July 30, 2002

I just got engaged this past Saturday.  I suppose my schedule is full for awhile.....

:)

Jeff MacDonald
Tuesday, July 30, 2002

Well Sam... I did just get a new job, after searching for about 4 months.  I leave tomorrow morning on an 1800 mile trip to get there!

I agree... sometimes it is definitely not easy.

Joe AA.
Tuesday, July 30, 2002

My division of my company just got bought.  I'm no longer an employee of a fortune-500 intellectual property company. (sigh)  Now I work for a privately-held intellectual property company. :-)

Oh, and I watched "Revolution OS."  Richard Stallman is like, cool and stuff.

Matt H.
Tuesday, July 30, 2002

I've been failing to replace the mixer tap on the sink.  I disconnected the hot pipe fine, I can't reach and turn the cold water fitting with the stilson and keep my head under the sink at the same time.

So now I'm waiting until J gets home with the car and I can go find a 27mm spanner.

Simon Lucy
Tuesday, July 30, 2002

I'm still looking for a job ...

Alyosha`
Tuesday, July 30, 2002

Thanks for all your replies. I sure appreciate it.

what'sgoingon
Tuesday, July 30, 2002

I never understood how someone could impulse buy something as expensive as a jeep. Conservative midwestern values or something... :)

J.P. Rhea
Tuesday, July 30, 2002

I'm taking care of a castrated rat.

Also it's the first day of my vacation.  Downloading warcraft 3 replays to watch because I have a little cold.  When I'm no longer sick, I'll begin studying.  Putting off Japan visit till winter; not in the mood for Cthuloid food right now.

Poor sweet ladyfriend wants me to marry her soon.  Warned her she doesn't wanna marry me. ;-)

Sammy
Wednesday, July 31, 2002

Just got back from the hardware store. Got a trowel and edger. Planning to do something with concrete though I'm not sure what. How hard could it be anyway?

Upgraded my computer by getting some cache memory. That was a good move. Basically quadrupled the floating point performance. Got a faster CD drive used. Happy with it. Replaced the hard drive with a quieter one. At last I can feel like this computer is not making me deaf. Computer seems like a new one.

Darn it! This coffee pot burned out yesterday and it's only six months old! Can you believe it?

Stopped at Staples and got a nice staple remover for $0.25 and a dozen CD mailing envelopes. What? 100 CD-Rs for $9.99? I'll get that too.

Stopped by at a cousin's house whose brother just died young (he was a programmer) and her mother is in bed with cancer. Brought over some old photos and her mother helped identify some people in the pictures and told me stories about my great-grandfather and his brother. Turns out the family reunion photo from 1934 was taken in front of the old school house which was two stories and had a small room on the top for elementary and a big one on the bottom for the rest. That building was replaced by the smaller school building that is still there now which is now a Ruritan meeting house.

Also got some primer at the hardware store as I am painting the bathroom and some doors.

Trying to get things picked up, the cave has really turned into a junk yard and it's distracting and annoying me.

X. J. Scott
Wednesday, July 31, 2002

Forgot to mention that I picked up some pipe stuff as I have resolved to replace all the plumbing in the entire house as i am not satisfied with the water pressure.

X. J. Scott
Wednesday, July 31, 2002

Well, who says that programmers do not have a life?

:-)

Jutta Jordans
Wednesday, July 31, 2002

Just finished house training my dog, crossing my fingers that the last week of good behavior has been because she "gets it" and not coincidence.

Still actually trying to work up the courage to seriously date after divorcing (amicably) a few years back, so congratulations to you who are about to take the plunge - it was one of the best rides of my life, I have to say.

Cool thread, BTW - it was fun reading responses.

Lydia
Wednesday, July 31, 2002

J.P, the jeep was so shiny and new I fell over and sprained my wallet :P

Jack lives over there ->
Thursday, August 01, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home