Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Is Joel on a break?

There don't seem to have been many updates to Joel's site recently. Is he on a break from it all.

SMJ
Friday, July 12, 2002

Don't know, but I sure miss my weekly (preferably daily) Joel...:-(

Lennart Fridén
Friday, July 12, 2002

Well, someone is editing/spiking content.  A Joel Minionite? <shrug>

Greg Kellerman
Friday, July 12, 2002

Perhaps Joel has reached the point of the author of Garfield - he's out of good material.  And since he doesn't get paid to do this anyway, he'd rather post noting than borrow someone else's material, or pay writers to make it up for him, or re-visit the same old posts.

So, once in a great while, he posts an iceberg secret.  Until the next one, just wait ... (This is like those software development books you've read that make one point but take 200 pages to do it ...)

Matt H.
Friday, July 12, 2002

Oddly enough, I know that I'm personally less insightful when I do real programming.  When I'm just thinking about programming, on vacation or not employed, the interesting thoughts come.  While programming, I'm just taking care of details.  The perfect scenario is if I could just brush out some outlines and put them aside.

anon
Friday, July 12, 2002

It's been almost a month since he's written.  His site has turned into a weak slashdot with no moderation.

vanguard
Saturday, July 13, 2002

I'm glad he isn't writing anything when there's nothing to tell. :-)

La Modista
Sunday, July 14, 2002

At least there will always be slashdot and Lambda the Ultimate. ;-)

Anyway I don't think it's really easy to talk about management things you're doing in the present, as opposed to things safely in foresight.  I know I rarely blab about my company to thousands of strangers.

anon reader
Sunday, July 14, 2002

Hopefully he's hard at work on CityDesk 2.0!

Darren Collins
Sunday, July 14, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home