Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Keyboard Pounder Sources available

At the risk of never getting hired again, the sources
for Maddie are available under GNU GPL at the bottom of the download page.

http://home.earthlink.net/~daliblume/Download/Maddie.html

All future employers: No line of code was written before 11:00pm, nor after 4:00am.

David Blume
Tuesday, July 09, 2002

Awwwwwwwww...    Cute kid.

Ged Byrne
Tuesday, July 09, 2002

Makes me almost wish my 8 year old was 14 months again just to use it.

Do you have anything for continually navigating to Harry Potter and S Club 7 sites?

Simon Lucy
Tuesday, July 09, 2002

There is another program similar to this called BabyType, at http://www.raize.com.

Tim Sullivan
Tuesday, July 09, 2002

I'd searched the web (tucows and download) for something like BabyType and couldn't find it.  Oh, well.  I probably still would have written my own.  It fits a slightly different space (computer literate parents).  It's free, source is available, is configurable, has a cuter cursor and is very small.  (Mine might be better at catching Windows-U on machines with DirectX 8, but I don't have DX8 here and can't test it.)

But, I do love the way BabyType's kid says, "swash" and "backswash."  And BabyType does uninstall correctly.

David Blume
Tuesday, July 09, 2002

raize.com shows NOTHING when viewed with Mozilla. Ouch.

When viewed with Opera, I noted that they charge $24 for their product. That's a winning argument for Maddie's Keyboard Pounder :-)

Leonardo Herrera
Tuesday, July 09, 2002

> raize.com shows NOTHING when viewed with Mozilla. Ouch.

have you tried getting rid of the period on the end of the url?

-james

James Wann
Tuesday, July 09, 2002

Yup, did it, was Mozilla's fault. But I downloaded the nightly build and it worked fine.

Leonardo Herrera
Wednesday, July 10, 2002

Not wishing to make this a Mozilla bug tracking thing, but raize.com seems to work fine in Moz 1.0

Simon Lucy
Thursday, July 11, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home