Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

One Smoking Job

http://thesliver.livejournal.com

I know this probably reads very strangely, with all the names reduced to initials and the background of the project kept dark and indistinct, but in a life of quite bizarre experiences this is high up on the list.

Simon Lucy
Wednesday, June 26, 2002

I wish my life was as interesting as yours :)

Ged Byrne
Wednesday, June 26, 2002

Damn thats weird. Almost reads like Kafka... Odd. Never heard of the management trying to play people quite that much...

Shitty place to work. Though being under budget is quite impressive 8-}

Mike Swieton
Wednesday, June 26, 2002

Well its not hard to be underbudget only 6 weeks into real development, 3 months total.

As for it being interesting.... I must have been cursed by a Chinaman.

As its panning out, they are backing off in lots of ways, theough they still have my personal company property from when they cleared the office the day after.  It looks like they'll have to pay for a technology transfer, since no one is going to work with them.

And we want our money :-)

Simon Lucy
Wednesday, June 26, 2002

And what is that you do again? :-)

Prakash S
Wednesday, June 26, 2002

ummm stuff

this particular stuff was Architect and Lead Developer on an ecommerce app and server thingy

Simon Lucy
Wednesday, June 26, 2002

Simon,

Was it the one dealing with music as you mentioned on your log?
And if not, tell us about the one that was...

X. J. Scott
Wednesday, June 26, 2002

Yes it was/is the music one and I can't go into many details although I could probably say that I think it included a better model for DRM than is currently around.

Oh I just did say that :-).

Simon Lucy
Thursday, June 27, 2002

> a better model for DRM

Ai yi yi.

I wonder if this has anything to do with a certain metal used in catalytic converters.

X. J. Scott
Thursday, June 27, 2002

No, absolutely nothing to do with Palladium

Simon Lucy
Saturday, June 29, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home