Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Microsoft Photo Draw 2000 v2

I'm looking for a site to download one of two programs. I'm looking for Microsoft Photo Draw 2000 v2 or Microsoft Photo Draw 2002. Does anyone know where I might find these programs? Thanks a bunch!

Ron K.
Thursday, March 07, 2002

Microsoft killed PhotoDraw, so there is no PhotoDraw 2002. I doubt you're going to find a download site for PhotoDraw 2000, though, as it remains under copyright.

Mike Gunderloy
Thursday, March 07, 2002

Uh oh,  I have PhotoDraw.  It's about as much as I want to learn about messing with images.  Looks like I'll be using it for a long time.

Any suggestions short of GIMP and PhotoShop?

tk
Thursday, March 07, 2002

What do you want to do with the images?

I actually use the Gimp (win32 version) for just about everything now, but I used to use Lview for simple sizing/croping/enhancing. It's web site is (unsurprisingly) www.lview.com - it is shareware  and costs $40 to register.

Alternatively, go to www.tucows.com and look through all their image editors to find one that does what you want/need.

Jeff Pleimling
Thursday, March 07, 2002

I use all sorts of photo editors, here's my list:

LView - it's small and visually compact so I use it as my default opener for .gif, and .jpg files. I like the fact that it pops into a corner of the screen and doesn't take up the whole desktop. It seems to have pretty good editing capabilities too, but I rarely use them.

Paint Shop Pro 4 - around 5 years old, this editor was as sophisticated as you could get pre-layers and vectors. PSP3 is avaialable for some reason on downlaod.com, but I don't recall using it (maybe I did and upgraded to 4, that would've been in the dark ages of the Internet). The latest versions of Paint Shop Pro (are they up to 7 now?) are much more photoshop-like, but cost hundreds less.

Fireworks 4 - by Macromedia, so the interface should be comfortable to Dreamweaver users, this is my current editor of choice, with occasional dips into Paint Shop Pro for that little thing that just can't be done with vectors.

Photoshop - I never really learned how to use Photoshop (you mean you create an area and then make it a solid?), but it's nice to have around.

Paint Shop Pro and FireWorks both work with most, if not all, Photoshop plugins.

Mark W
Thursday, March 07, 2002

<Any suggestions short of GIMP and PhotoShop?>

Don't know if you're aware of this, but Adobe also sells something called Photoshop Elements.  It's sort of PS Lite or PS for Nonprofessionals.  However, it has most of what PS6 has, plus some stuff that PS6 doesn't have.  Missing are some of the very high end features like CMYK mode and separation of color channels; added are features like red-eye reduction and PhotoMerge (a truly amazing feature that assembles panoramas--it's magic as far as I'm concerned).

Can be had for under $80.  Unless you're doing this professionally, it should do anything you want.

(Caveat - unless you already know what you're doing, you'll need a 3rd party book to get the most out of it.  Photoshop Elements Solutions by Mikkel Aaland is well thought of, but there are several others.)

Chris Dunford
Thursday, March 07, 2002

I really like Macromedia Fireworks. It works well with Dreamweaver and is not as "top-heavy" as Photoshop for my web graphics needs.

Banana Fred
Thursday, March 07, 2002

Imagemajick is pretty cool. It's a set of open source command line utilities for manipulating images.

Because it's command line it's easy to add them to your own programs. I have been using Imagemajick in ASP to allow my web server to resize images on the fly.

http://www.imagemajick.org

Matthew Lock
Thursday, March 07, 2002

Whoops it's "Imagemagick" with a "g" and the url really is http://www.imagemagick.org

Matthew Lock
Thursday, March 07, 2002

I can really recommend PaintShop Pro 7. You can download a thirty day trial version at:
http://www.jasc.com

When I have a choice between PhotoShop and PaintShop Pro (as I used to have at work), I still choose Paintshop most of the time. Maybe it is just that I am used to it by now (I have been using it a lot in the past three years), but to me it is much more intuitive and therefore easier to use than PhotoShop (which I find rather confusing, presenting lots of options I never need to use). And the price speaks for itself I think.

Have fun,

Jutta Jordans
Friday, March 08, 2002

<And the price speaks for itself I think.>

Just for the record, the street price of PaintShop 7 and Photoshop Elements is about the same...

Chris Dunford
Friday, March 08, 2002

There is also PhotoImpact (v7)
http://www.ulead.com/pi/runme.htm

It's comparable to PaintShop Pro, I believe. I have v6, which I enjoy for my casual, hobbyist uses.

David Fischer
Friday, March 08, 2002

...and IrfanView should always be handy... a great viewer for most formats.

http://www.irfanview.com/

Toner Man
Sunday, March 10, 2002

Did you manage to find a version of Photo Draw? I have one but it needs some file PHD.msi or something? An installer. If anyone could tell me where to download a copy or get this file I would be grateful.

Matt Kirk
Thursday, May 15, 2003

I thinl your all geeks

I HATE NERDS
Thursday, June 12, 2003

SHit i spelled think wrong....fucking nerds

I HATE NERDS
Thursday, June 12, 2003

Paint Shop Pro 8 is out now. It's very inexpensive, and has tons of features. It comes with a very indepth learning center. Lots of preset shapes and filters. You can download a trial of it for free too.

Kenn Fuqua
Thursday, July 03, 2003

Does anyone have the old version of Microsoft Photo Draw that they would want to sell?

Bill Johnson
Sunday, July 20, 2003

I have Photo Draw v2.  e-mail me.  It came on the last two CDs of Office 2000 Premium.  Although it's not the best photo editor, I find its graphics interface useful for creating digital creations like sports trading cards.  I have PS and I'm sure I could do the same, but it's a steep learning curve.  I use Photo Impact also for photo editing, but it's graphics interface seems limited.  Any suggestions on a good program for creating graphics that can easily incorporate photos?

A&A Digital Creations
Tuesday, July 29, 2003

i want to downlode Microsoft Photo Draw 2000 v2"
please,let me know how i can downlode it?

nono_ahmade
Thursday, November 06, 2003

I Have Photo Draw 2002...I nice..the rendering is to slow..and I have a fast computor...I also have Picture It..The only problem I have they do share mix vs png file a big bummmer...any Ideas??? photoartgcc@pacbell.net

Giovan Pretty
Friday, November 07, 2003

Microsoft Photo Draw 2000 V2 remains by far and away the BEST image editor I have used for creating web-friendly transparent gifs.

I am so disappointed that Microsoft dropped its development.

Is anyone using one of the top end versions of "Picture It" ? I have a version that came bundled with my Laptop and whilst - usefully - it offers lots of templates for printing out on various branded papers and stickers - the interface is woefully "Cookie Cutter" - which feels limiting - as well as patronising.

In Photo Draw I use the "Erase" brushes to delete unwanted material.

In Picture It the only option I can find is the Transparency with its "choice" of a hard or smooth brush. To my surprise, it is less responsive than Photo Draw - which has always been accused of being claggy - although it doesn't play ME up - and was a GREAT ADVANCE from Microsoft Image Composer.

Er - so my question really is what are MICROSOFT doing about providing image creation software these days ?

Did Adobe give them a back-hander to cull Photo Draw ?

Bring Back Photo Draw
Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Hi,

Can anyone who has Photodraw 1 or 2 and who wants to sell me a copy please email me at info@insaneshirts.com

Regards,
Dave.

Dave S
Friday, December 05, 2003

I am running Photodraw 2000 on my machine with Windows Xp and by far they arent compatiable.. I however came across a patch that rectifies the problem of the message that crops up saying " the file is corrrupted and cant be used ".  I swear by Photodraw 2000 but was wndering where i can download or upgrade to Potodraw v2 for free..  Or any site that has free downloads for Picture It.

deb
Wednesday, December 31, 2003

I do alot of marketing artwork . Photo Draw is unbelievable! I am constantly finding new features that are incredible. You can do Anything that a pro can do, it's unreal!

My buddy the IT guy gave it to me when he set up my machine, I think it was a part of some high end office suite.

It is a little slow if you really tweak an image with multiple layyers

MA Fhenen
Sunday, January 25, 2004

You can buy photo shop on e-bay for about $80.00

John Burnett
Saturday, January 31, 2004

You can 'fix' the photodraw 2000 problem on XP by finding the Photodraw.EXE file in the Office directory then right click on it compatibility tab set to compatible to your past version say win 98me/98 THEN ok then try again it will open ;)

I use the following:
I have Photodraw 2000 - works crud on XP though
I have PSP 7 and 8 7 opens quicker for copy and paste :)
I have Fireworks 10 Ok with my flash MX :)
I have Adobe Illustrator 10 - sweet! good Photodraw replacement ;) works good with PSP 8 and Adobe 6 professional so a good one I suggest you get Illustrator 10 if you can

I have Photoshop 7.0 but not used it yet
Adobe suites are now becomming quite good all they need is a word and they would be better than the OFFICE equivilent =) =| =\

I have just noticed in writing this I have adobe image ready 7 - must have come with indesign LOL where did that comefrom =\

Oh well looks ok though hehehe

HF 

surfW

surfW
Tuesday, February 17, 2004

P.S I have Freehand 10 too but have never used it in 2 years! Seems a wste of time!!! :(

surfW

for wste see WASTE! DOH!!!

surfW

I have Photdraw Version 2.0, and am looking for the disk 2.  Mine got damaged.  Can anyone help me out?  If so email me at tom@foulkes.com

tom foulkes
Friday, March 26, 2004

desperatly seeking for Photo Draw version 2....

cassandra lecomte
Friday, March 26, 2004

Hi....I have a copy of disk 2 , But I am desperatly seeking disk 1. I would be more than happy to trade to each other.
    My name is Pete and I can be found at
petercan2000@yahoo.ca

pete s
Saturday, March 27, 2004

hi, im Diana and ive beem messing with Microsplft 2000 V.2 for 3 years and i have learned alot fom it, but im just woundering if theres any website Tutorals and plug ins  out there for Microsolft Photodraw 2000 V.2......i did found a copple of websites for Jassic Paint Shop Pro. 7....but it seems like Photo Draw has dissapeared!.....will u guys help me out?.....thanks.....^_~

Diana B.
Saturday, April 03, 2004

bought computer, trying to put microsoft  phot draw 200 v.2.. put  instullation disk,  won't take  number, useing windows 98

kenneth crouse
Friday, April 09, 2004

hi
i  have my graduation proofs and it says PROOF write on it. I have scaned it so i can print it on my computer or get it inlarged at a low price.
Does anyone know how i can erase the writing with out making it soo fake.
thanx

narges
Saturday, April 17, 2004

Three months ago, my machine crashed and with it went my Photo Draw and about 40 pictures in process. I could reload the pictures but the Photo Draw came in the Office PRO 2000 that was loaded on the computer when I bought it. I paniced-I didn't have time for this! I looked all over the internet. [I have two computers.]I even bought Photoshop, I had been told by several people that I reallly should use it.[-what a disaster, I didn't have three months to learn that program- not to mention what I paid for it!] I had people calling about their pictures- [I clean up old pictures -mostly b & w's and put them on disk for people.] I checked e-bay - no luck. I checked the  microsoft site and discovered that Photo Draw had been discontinued and there was no 2002 version. I screamed, literally everytime the phone rang! My mom can be a witch when you mess with her pictures!  Then in with a desperate stroke of blind ingenious panic, [ that I wish I had had sooner -before the disasterous purchase.] I took the time to take my comuter back to the guy that I had got to  build it. I was back in business before lunch. He repaired my computer and reloaded my programs, including Photo Draw, at an extremely lost cost. My suggestion- Always buy your computer at local dealer. Forget the large retailers- you'll have service and advice when you need it. Oh, and recuses in emergencies! Does anyone need a copy of Photo Shop! What was Microsoft thinking when they discontinued this... there is a big whole in the market now for a picture program that is easy to use and has quality tools for photo restoration. Microsoft published a book called Microsoft  Photo Draw 2000 At a Glance by Stephen W. Sagman. I found it a McKay's [a used bookstore] in Chattanooga. Used Bookstore's are  great places to find computer books. Have a Great day- I am! Oh, and thank you, Chuck, your a lifesaver!!!!

Nancy Skidmore
Thursday, April 22, 2004

where can i find photo draw 200o!!! i need that..........

Goobie
Monday, April 26, 2004

I need Photo Draw 2000 too !!!... please... where we can find it to download ?? plz

cooper
Friday, April 30, 2004

Nancy Skidmore, i got good news for you. I've just found Microsoft Photo Draw 2000 in one of my old cd's. I'll try to compress and upload the file to my site so you can download it from there. Or you maybe you got another idea?... we keep in contact. cya.

cooper
Saturday, May 01, 2004

Sorry... a mistake, the one who needs Microsoft Photo Draw 2000 is Goobie. So Goobie, read the good news.

cooper
Saturday, May 01, 2004

microsoft photo draw v2 jus kills it.
its enhancing photo editing is so cool. animate, add effects, anythin......i've got it......its wicked!!!!!!!!!!

Hammad Khan
Wednesday, May 05, 2004

I to am Searching for Photo Draw, can anyone help out... Might be willing to trade something else for it

Mike
Monday, May 17, 2004

I had PhotoDraw and cracked my cd, then lost the hard drive it was on and I loved it.  If anyone has a copy I'd really love to buy one or trade for one etc.  I hate to buy a full price one again when I already did that once, but I do love it.

Wendy
Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Still looking for PhotoDraw? Try this link! http://www.nextag.com/Microsoft_office_2000_premium~55138478z0znzzz1zzphotodrawzmainz2-htm

Nancy Skidmore
Sunday, May 30, 2004

¬_¬

Hummm....
How is soo hard find that!!! I give a... to the women who find that for me... ahhh.. ULAH!!

Well... think that the best that i can do is.... esquecer né!

Thank for all... and... VIVA O EURO 2004 PORTUGAL...

:) you are all invited.. blonde girls first... then who like a good beer..

Goobie
Thursday, June 03, 2004

I really need to find Photdraw 2000, Any of you want to sell a copy.- Please send me an email. Thanks

Gari C
Thursday, June 17, 2004

Do anyone have photo draw? 

Missy SMith
Monday, June 28, 2004

I have a problem.  I was e-mailed a .mix file the other day and apparently PhotoDraw is no longer around.  Is there another program that I can DOWNLOAD that will open these types of files?  If there is, and someone knows the website that I can get it from, would you please let me know.  Thanks a lot.

Devon LaFon
Saturday, July 10, 2004

I just bought an old copy with licenses, original box, cd's and everything on eBay...

Does anyone know of any issues it has with Win2K ? I used to run an old copy and it suddenly stopped...

Ed
Thursday, July 15, 2004

They are both 2000 programs from Micrsoft so thet should compliment each other.

Nancy
Monday, August 16, 2004

You could check on ebay.  I found a NEW copy of Microsoft Photodraw 2000 v.2 on ebay.  I purchased it for 140.00.  It has been the best buy from ebay so far.  Good luck finding your copy.

Jason Meyers
Monday, August 23, 2004

Microsoft has now released "Digital Image Pro 10" which you can buy at all the retailers for about $130 less a $60 rebate.  THIS IS A RENAMED PHOTODRAW WITH A COUPLE OF NEW FEATURES!!  Works pretty much the same.  WILL OPEN YOUR OLD .MIX FILES, so you are back in business.

After close to a year of grousing at Microsoft Tech Support and also their replacement department because my PhotoDraw disks were damaged and they no longer would remaster replacement disks, they have solved the problem by releasing this "new" program.  It DOES work well with XP now, though, so perhaps they did have to do some "tweaking" and it also no longer requires that you have your disks each time you want to use certain features the way my PhotoDraw version did (if you do a complete install).  So it is "new and improved" in my eyes.  Still the easiest to learn and most robust for family photo work on the market, and GREAT for web developers who aren't planning to be commercial graphic artists, but need a good solid photo editor.  HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!

E. Beauchamp
Friday, September 03, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home