Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Welcome! and rules

Joel on Software

VB.NET troubles

I am having some real trouble with VB tab order. I suspect the source has somehow been corrupted. That means, i am seeing something. But its showing something else. There are around 3 or 4 textbox controls in my form. The tab order is showing as 3.01, 3.02 . Naturally, i tried to set it right using the visual tab order tool. Nothing doing. The tab order is still the same. Even if i delete and insert brand new objects in that location, the tab order is still the same.

Curiously, the text boxes above are all right. They have integer tab orders  such as 1,2,3 and so on.

I have worse troubles. When i attempt to left align two objects, they dont align. It is some space apart from each other and thats is easily visible.

Is ther some patch to all this? I am using VS 2003.

Any help?

Karthik
Sunday, April 17, 2005

The alignment trouble and the tab order trouble is happening only for one form. It does not happen for all forms. Is that form corrupted or something????

Karthik
Sunday, April 17, 2005

Those tab order numbers mean that those controls are nested inside another control.  It's normal.

Kyralessa
Sunday, April 17, 2005

Yeh, i know  that they are nested. But why is one data field having decimals and the other isnt although both of them are inside the same control???

Karthik
Sunday, April 17, 2005

Maybe they only _look_ nested.  You might try using the Control Outline...

http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/releases/viewuploads.aspx?id=6c2ca22f-86a5-409b-973e-ce8543f5ae34

...to see for sure what's nested where.

Kyralessa
Sunday, April 17, 2005

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home