Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Welcome! and rules

Joel on Software

Code Behind Pages

How can I make Visual Studio display the code-behind pages in the Solution Explorer? As it is it's only showing the aspx pages, and I have to right click/view code to see the cs file. That's annoying enough, but it's even more irritating when trying to do source control compares.

Is there a boolean toggle somewhere? (Better be)

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Yeah you can do it. Right above the solution explorer window there are a series of icons. Hold your mouse over them, wait for the tool tips. Look for the one that says, "Show all files" That's your huckleberry. Click it and you'll get plus signs in the tree view. Zip it up and Bob's your uncle.

SW

Bah can't believe I couldn't see that. That's perfect thank you very much. Much much nicer.

Don't worry about it. It took me a while too...My uncle Bob showed me...really he did!

SW

Annoyingly, though, you still can't just check out the .CS file. Which, considering how evil the HTML editor is, really sucks.

MS really needs to get their act together when it comes to their HTML editors. VS.NET will absolutely not let you do good XHTML. *grump*

Dave Mays
Saturday, January 29, 2005

Is there a way to prevent Visual Studio from formatting the HTML page. 

It's irritating when your building datagrid templates and have the editor move the tags around.

I'd like to slap the darn thing if I could find VS's ears. . .
:)

EM
Monday, January 31, 2005

VS.NET can be used to do XHTML. Just don't use the designer.

You want to stop VS.NET from re-formatting your code? Don't use the designer.

You want to be able to check out the .cs file without the .aspx file? Don't use SourceUnsafe.

Brad Wilson
Tuesday, February 01, 2005

"Yeah you can do it. Right above the solution explorer window there are a series of icons. Hold your mouse over them, wait for the tool tips. Look for the one that says, "Show all files""

Can you make the Solution Explorer put all the files on the same level instead of showing the .vb or .cs files as one branch under the actual .aspx file?

Le Poete
Wednesday, February 02, 2005

No.

Brad Wilson
Wednesday, February 02, 2005

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home