Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Welcome! and rules

Joel on Software

exam 70-315 and transcender

I have to write this exam. I'm using transcender stuff to study. For those who have used transcender products, do you find that if you can pass the sample exams that you are sufficiently prepared to write the real exam, or do you find that you still need to study (or should I say 'memorize') the binder material from the actual courses. I've never written an MS exam, so I'm a little unsure how to approach it.

thanks.

ch
Tuesday, November 16, 2004

I've never used *just* the Transcender. Every test I've taken, I've used the Transcender after I read through the corresponding book from Que (Amit Kalani does most of the C# books).

Really, it depends on how familiar or experienced you are with the material. If not at all, I don't know how easy it would be to just use the Transcender. I found the books helpful, especially when working through examples of things I hadn't been exposed to previously.

Ty

Well, it wouldn't be *just* transcender. I have taken the three corresponding courses (2124, 2310, 2389, although I've noticed they now recommend 2640 instead of 2124), plus I do use the stuff at work. I was just wondering if the practice exams that transcender provides are realistic... they don't seem too hard, so that would be nice.

ch

It sounds like you should be fine. The Transcenders are definitely realistic; if anything, I've found them harder than the actual test.

Ty
Wednesday, November 17, 2004

thanks! I feel better. But I'll keep studying. :)

ch
Wednesday, November 17, 2004

I think the best approach is to align your studies with Microsoft Exam Requirements Outline.  These are found on the MCP site for each exam.  I have used Transcender only as a "confidence" builder.  I have had better luck with Microsoft press AND "Hand On" practice.

Mike McGrath
Friday, November 19, 2004

Nonsense. Just search the internet and you will find a "dump". Try Tramdumper, BrainDumpCentral or BrainDumps. The questions you find here are the REAL ONES not some that look like the questions! Then, you will have nothing to worry about it. Just for your knowledge, I passed all of the old MCSD tests and I am MCAD.NET for C# and on all tests I scored more than 900! Open your eyes man!

Kyaky Hamale
Tuesday, January 04, 2005

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home