Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Welcome! and rules

Joel on Software

Recommend an open source ORM for .Net

I'm fooling around a bit with .Net with a view to develop a product in an industry I used to work with. The bulk of the past few years has been spent in the Java space and I guess I've been spoiled by the variety and quality of open source ORM products like Hibernate. Looking at .Net it doesn't look like there are any good open source ORM tools that have reached a reasonable level of maturity. I was hoping someone could recommend me one.

BTW, I have looked at NHibernate and was disappointed that they stuck with XML a la Hibernate instead of taking advantage of anotations. I would prefer an ORM based on annotations rather then one that relies on seperate descriptors. Also, would prefer one that let's me write the code and isn't simply a code generator that creates an ORM layer based on a SQL Schema. I might consider a code generation solution though if it was two way.

Gerald
Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Try http://sourceforge.net/projects/orm-net

GiorgioG
Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Any people using ORM-Net? Any comments (good/bad)?

Ad
Tuesday, November 16, 2004

I looked at ORM.net and it appears to be a code generator which isn't my preference, I would probably look at using NHibernate if nothing better presents itself.

Gerald
Tuesday, November 16, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home