Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Welcome! and rules

Joel on Software

First time using ASP.Net

I am new to Asp.net , I have created an asp.net form but when I ran it all the buttons , textboxes, and lables came on one line on the top of the page.

fufu
Monday, November 01, 2004

Computers do exactly what you tell them. Always have, always will.  (until Skynet)

Flava Flav!

Flava Flav
Tuesday, November 02, 2004

dfdsf

dsfds

Was your design in grid mode, or flow? It flow, that's the way it is supposed to display. Try grid view.

Anomalous

Thanks for your reply. I have checked under the form properties whether the pageLayout is set to Gridlayout or not but it was set to Gridlayout but still did not work. What I get is all the lables on one line at the top of the webpage (at running stage)..

fufu
Wednesday, November 03, 2004

My Visual Studio .Net 2003 defaults to grid layout, and I've always had it run pretty much like it looked in design view. I would check on your settings (tools, options, etc. I think).

Anomalous
Wednesday, November 03, 2004

You might also try re-installing ASP.NET, by running regiis_aspnet.exe (in \Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v.1.1.xxxx\). Run it with
  regiis_aspnet.exe -i
to force a re-install in your IIS.

Ad
Friday, November 05, 2004

Gridlayout isn't my favorite option for web pages:  too inflexible.  I think you need to read up on HtmlTable objects to format your controls like you'll see in 99% of commercial web pages.  They're not hard and are the primary way you'll do html formatting for years to come.

crm
Monday, November 22, 2004

I need an activeX control other than DataGrid to display
DataSet in ASP .net

Rashmi
Sunday, December 05, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home