Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Welcome! and rules

Joel on Software

why is C# such -and continues to be - such a joke?

I cringe at the thought of using it. Using? Namespaces?
putting a array []  in string []args in stead of sting args[] in a parameter list? Anyobdy ever use the old C++ and window 95/98/Nt?

What school did the guys who created this go to? U of t?
Trent? the ones where they taught you that the universe is in a box? Maybe it's in a pizza box? A lunchbox? Hello stars.. are you in there?

Oh yeah.. I got this "funky" - cool term, eh beavis..  typo video driver called with my oem copy of win98 called ndis2sup.vxd that's crashing my PC all over the place. It's typo created by a moron, of course, but that's the way. for now I need one that's readable in a scientific way, not an unoffically scientific way.  Hexidecimal numbers are a curse..

reply to this post whenever youfeel like it. I got all the the tme in the world.

I'm very grateful for being here.

Satan
Monday, August 02, 2004

WTF !!!

I love C#, but then I use it for ASP.NET, instead of VBScript in old ASP. Soon I'm hoping to use C# in my stored procedures instead of T-SQL.

Perhaps C# isn't perfect, but who cares, its way better than what went before.

As an aside, why would you want to say "string args[]" in your function parameter list when you have to say "string[] otherArgs" in the function body ?

Nemesis
Tuesday, August 03, 2004

OK, I read that three times, and I still can't make any sense of it.

Greg Hurlman
Tuesday, August 03, 2004

What is he / she talking abt ?

Thina Kesavan
Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Don't get high before you troll.

Clutch Cargo
Tuesday, August 03, 2004

"..As an aside, why would you want to say "string args[]" in your function parameter list when you have to say "string[] otherArgs" in the function body ? "

Becuase that's right, syntaically correct way of doing it, not
the "unofficial moron" "spagetti code" way.
I got a C# box sitting on my desk and I cringe at the thought of nstalling. I actually miss the old C++/Java days.

Ch-ch-ch- anges.

Code named chicago days. Were you around then?

satan
Thursday, August 05, 2004

"I actually miss the old C++/Java days"

Well, good then. Go fucking program in that. The rest of us are literate enough to understand C# and don't get thrown by a couple of [].

And if you don't get namespaces, then I'm thinking your love of Java is slightly misplaced.

You might try a 21 Days book, but judging by your post, I'd advice stretching that into 42 days. Sounds like you'll need the extra time.

Nah

Actually, I've  written a couple of books in oop. That's were I got my doctorates.

I seeright through your crap, canadians, americans, whatever you trainwrecks are today. Quit fucking abridging it.

Video games for kids. Can you be spoon fed even more?

Master of the universe

"...Perhaps C# isn't perfect, but who cares, its way better than what went before."

how is a class called "cultural attributes" or someother nonsense better that "CDialog"? All you really need is tha ta dn just inheret from it, rather making all this shit.
Oh, if only XP were't the industry standard.. I'm even tempted to go sun..

Master of the universe

typos in the prev. post.. I'm, so, eternally sorry..

"...Perhaps C# isn't perfect, but who cares, its way better than what went before."

how is a class called "cultural attributes" or someother nonsense better that "CDialog"? All you really need is that and  just inherit from it, rather making all this shit.
Oh, if only XP were't the industry standard.. I'm even tempted to go sun..

Master of the universe

Wouldn't a real master of the universe create his own industry standard?

Miles Archer
Friday, August 27, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home