Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Welcome! and rules

Joel on Software

VB.Net(Hyperlink plus DropDownList)

Hi guys(^_^),
does any1 know how 2 click a linkbutton(example:A or B or..so on..) whereby upon clicking it, the dropdown list which is located below, automatically shows all the customer names that starts from that alphabet.(If da user clicks A, then all the customers' names like adam,andrew,angie,angelica, n so on..)

Here's part of the code which is done n i m v new 2 VB.Net... hope some1 can help me.I did lots of reading up but the problem is that this "mini project" has some function n method 2 call from other files,which confused me even more..

Private Sub cbBlocationsortBy_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles cbBlocationsortBy.SelectedIndexChanged

'I hv 2 write sth here

End Sub

U can go 2 this website for the attachments..
http://groups.msn.com/AdvancedNETProgramming/aspnet.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=1045&LastModified=4675466747161845701

Tara Limbu
Tuesday, April 06, 2004

I didn't know there was an SMS interface to this forum.

Steve Jones (UK)
Tuesday, April 06, 2004

I've been working with a systems engineer from a major web property, and he uses the same AOL-kiddie speak!

Sassy
Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Either ask your teacher, or hit the library.

I *would* say something about cheating & the internet, but that would inevitably lead to a "back in my day" story about how I didn't have an internet to search (at least not a very good one, with no good way to search it).  That would be my first "back in my day" story I told w/o 100% joking, and I'm not yet ready to feel that old.

Greg Hurlman
Tuesday, April 06, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home