Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Welcome! and rules

Joel on Software

ASP.NET Calendar

Hi All:

I am looking for an existing web-form calendar control that let me add unlimited number of appointments by unlimited number of users by clicking on the date [outlook style] and entering very basic info.  For example:

9    ==
10  == user 1 [appointment 10:30am - 11:00am]
11  == user 2 [appointment 10:45am - 11:20am]
12  ==
1    ==

I have been looking around, and all the existing packages out there (Infragistics and many other big names) only offer windows-form based controls.  If there is not one available, I will probably build one myself.  For additional info, I am building on C#, .NET 1.1, and SQL Server in the backend (for adding users).  Thanks everyone.  I can build this, but I don't want to waste dev time if there is something out there that will do the job.

thanks,

-John

John Lin
Wednesday, September 10, 2003

http://www.hotscripts.com/ASP.NET/Scripts_and_Controls/Calendars/index.html

http://www.411asp.net/home/assembly/datetime

EastIndian

>I have been looking around, and all the existing packages out there (Infragistics and many other big names) only offer windows-form based controls. 

Infragistics will have web calendar control(s) in the next release of the NetAdvantage Suite (supposedly out on Oct 1)

GiorgioG

Reply to EastIndian:

Thanks for the great packages!!!  I am going to be trying out "Peter's Date package" and various others.  I will let you know which one is the best.

Reply to Gio:

I have played around with NetAdvantage Suite version without webform.  They have quality stuff and great customer suppport, but in theory I would like to get started ASAP.  Have you tried out this control already?  If so, can you elaborate on your exp? 

If anyone tried out NetAdvantage Suite v 2.0 please drop me an email. 

thanks,

-John

John Lin

I am using the mediachase Calendar control.  It is only $120 and does a basic yet pretty good job.  Get it from www.asp.net

Phil
Wednesday, September 24, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home