Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Want to know about Delphi

Hello,
    I know Pascal. But I have not even work with Delphi. I am interested in Delphi. But i am blind. Because I am unable to found any (free) compiler on Delphi. If i can have a compiler through which i can compiler delphi codes, I can start working with delphi.

Can anyone help me to find a free downloadable delphi compiler like Delphi 2.0 or any other?

Please help me:(

rakshit
Friday, January 17, 2003

I do not think there is a free downloadable version of Delphi, however there is a Open Edition of Kylix, which is the Delphi language for Linux. Download that, and you will be able to take a look at what Delphi/Kylix is all about.

I know there is one Free Pascal ( www.freepascal.org ) that implements Borland Pascal, and some Delphi constucts such as RTTI, Classes, Exceptions and stuff. I dont know the current status of it though.

Patrik
Friday, January 17, 2003

Borland do have a "personal edition"?  I've got it, from cover-discs and also I think from their website.  Along with the "Open" edition of Kylix.

Freepascal does a good job of compiling the delphi object-pascal dialect, but it doesn't come with a full windows forms vcl type library (last time I looked).

from memort
Saturday, January 18, 2003

Suggest you contact Borland Developer Program.  That's what they are there for.  David Intersimone, known as David I runs it and is generally a good fellow.l

Peintre
Wednesday, January 29, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home