Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Delphi forums?

Where do hang Delphi fans around? What are your favorite Delphi forums?

Obviously, it's not Joel's Delphi forum. ;-)

It's raining outside
Sunday, December 22, 2002

They are probably at the borland.public.delphi, elevatesoft.public.dbisam or any other Delphi related newsgroups, which is where the real experts hang around and that can be searched with:

http://www.tamaracka.com/search.htm

Or they are looking for components at:
http://www.torry.net/

As sympathetic the idea of an Delphi forum on Joel on software might be, there are better places to ask questions about Delphi.

Jan Derk
Sunday, December 22, 2002

I agree that the newsgroups are the place to go for Delphi-specific info.  Lots of good Borland groups and every third-party software manufacturer of software with ties to Delphi also has good newsgroups. 

Joel's site is good for posts and discussions on issues more generally related to software development.  Newsgroup issues usually have to do with questions on how a particular feature works, or how to quash a particular bug.

Herbert Sitz
Friday, December 27, 2002

You may also want to try the Delphi forum at www.tek-tips.com.  Tek-tips has the absolute best forum for help with MS Access/VBA (actually five or six devoted exclusively to Access), which is what I originally used it for.  I haven't used it much for Delphi questions, but it does get decent traffic and has more of a community feel than the newsgroups, I think.

Herbert Sitz
Friday, December 27, 2002

on a related topic, if you want to delphi components etc that others have built, google for "delphi super pages".  The site was so good, it is even now mirrored at borland.com IIRC

Thursday, January 02, 2003

The place to go for Delphi (and other Borland products) is Borland's public news server - newsgroups.borland.com. Note that Borland do not push their groups onto Usenet, so they can only be reliably accessed via this server.

Neil Butterworth
Friday, January 03, 2003

Unfortenately the Delphi Super Pages haven't been updated since summer 2001.  They used to be the best, but aren't any longer.

Jan Derk
Friday, January 03, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home