Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Forum Links

Why are there links in the forums to the Fog Creek web site, but no links to the Joel On Software site, or even to the other forums?

Sometime I'd like to use a simple link instead of my browsers back button to access the different forums.

Link Impaired
Monday, March 08, 2004

Technically speaking these forums were designed for tech support forums for Fog Creek (see the CityDesk and FogBUGZ forums). Using them for Joel on Software is just an accident!

Joel Spolsky
Fog Creek Software
Monday, March 08, 2004

Well I for one vote for more links...  once you get in the forums, the site navigation is non-existant!

Almost Anonymous
Monday, March 08, 2004

Click on the picture of the Yale library to go to the forum home page, then click on the "Joel" link at the top.

Joel Spolsky
Fog Creek Software
Monday, March 08, 2004

It takes 3 clicks and a scroll to move between forums...  not exactly convenient.

Almost Anonymous
Monday, March 08, 2004

Three ways to do it in three clicks, scrolling depends on screen resolution and window size.  Doesn't seem like a huge usability issue.  Find and read the article about how the forums came about and the design choices.

Ward
Tuesday, March 09, 2004

I requested the same thing last week, but my question was never undeleted :^(

Steve Jones (UK)
Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Gee...I just created a Fog Creek Software folder in my Favorites and keep it open as I browse.  CityDesk Forum - click, Ask Joel - click, Joel on Software Forum - click.  They're each one click away.  I'm not even a programmer.

Guy Bjerke
Tuesday, March 09, 2004

I have 663 favourites in 114 folders...  I really don't want to have 3 favourites just for Joel on software!

Almost Anonymous
Tuesday, March 09, 2004

But which is your mostest favorite?

Kyralessa
Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Then just use

http://discuss.fogcreek.com/

www.MarkTAW.com
Wednesday, March 10, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home