Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Is Search: broken?

Is the search feature on the discussion boards broken?  I tried to find all the threads on "The Apprentice" by typing in apprentice, Apprentice, Apprentice", "The Apprentice", successively.  None gave me the results I desired.  Am I doing something wrong, or is it a bit flaky?

Ken
Friday, February 27, 2004

It's extremely flaky. Probably broken, too. I never really got search working right and haven't had time to work on it.

Joel Spolsky
Fog Creek Software
Saturday, February 28, 2004

Why don't you just post the search box to Google, they seem to index this site pretty well now?

Matthew Lock

Ah, the joy of Open Source software is that when someone says, "why don't you just..." you always have a retort.

Anyway, it's because at any given time, there are 253 things I could be doing, and that particular thing is priority 251.

Joel Spolsky
Fog Creek Software

Hey Joel,

Would you consider hosting an "Apprentice"-style competition/tv show for Fog Creek Software?

A future contestant on "Joel's Apprentice"

But you can use google to search "usabilitymustdie.com" - the text are there, a week or so after being posted.

Ori Berger
Sunday, February 29, 2004

Fix Bugs Before Writing New Code, huh Joel?

Mr Jack
Monday, March 01, 2004

Hey, we could have a global "JoS no-post day". Joel can then fix the search in the time he would normally spent scanning and replying. Deal?

Just me (Sir to you)
Monday, March 01, 2004

meta discussion - just out of curiosity are the best *discuss* articles, Outsourcing for example being backed up and linked permanantly to the main site?

The main site is quite a reference and it would be useful for future reading.

peter renshaw
Thursday, March 04, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home