Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

JoS vs. AaQ: evolution or revolution?

Joel, how do you intend to position this new board with regards to the old JoS? I'm sure you'll "see how it develops", but there is a huge overlap.
I've always found your thinking about online community building as practiced through JoS to be to be the most sound on the net.
So, what's up?
Is this "JoS-TNG - We got tired of cleaning out the riffraff so we put a bouncer at the door" or is it realy just an unpretentious sideshow for direct questions to "the man"?

Just me (Sir to you)
Monday, February 23, 2004

We'll see how it develops. I would expect that the traditional "Joel on Software" forum will continue to be a place to discuss topics with a wide variety of interesting people and to ask questions that may require specialized knowledge that I don't have. This Ask Joel forum, I hope, will replace personal email questions sent directly to me, and have the benefit of letting other people see the answers.

Once I answer a question in this forum I would welcome other people to jump in with their own opinions or answers...

Joel Spolsky
Fog Creek Software

Please don't take away the JoS forum or we won't learn of the latest trends in outsourcing :}

m

I should have damn well copyrighted that symbol.

Simon Lucy

You mean like this :©}

Tuesday, February 24, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home