Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

ScoutSubmit Question

When testing the ScoutSample.html and ScoutSample.exe files, I noticed something that I thought might be a bug, but I am wondering if there is some reason it is by design.

If I:

- Create a new project called "Test"
- Leave only the default "Misc" area
- Submit a bug using either sample method

The case that is created does not show up under the "Open cases by project" heading in list view, although it does show up on the actual list to the right, grouped under the "Test" heading.

If I click on the case and then click "Edit", the "Project:" pull down is simply populated with the first alphabetical project name rather than "Test" as if a project had not yet been assigned.  If I set the project to "Test", save my edits, and go back to the list view, the project now shows up under the "Open cases by project" heading.

If I submit a bug to an existing project that already has bugs assigned to it, then the "Open cases by project" heading updates normally...

Tim Lara
Thursday, December 05, 2002

I cannot reproduce this, and its the first I've heard of it.  Perhaps your mistyping the project name (I know that's silly since its called Test) or not putting in a valid area?

I don't know.. I'm stumped.  I can't think of what it might be.

You should submit the bug and then open the database and look at what the ixProject and ixArea are set to in the Bug table for that bug before editing it.. That might give you a clue... (or me a clue)

Michael H. Pryor
Friday, December 06, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home