Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Session issues

I am using FogBugz 3.0.5 on an XP Pro (sp1) machine, with IIS installed locally.

It is fairly common when I try and perform an action in FogBugz for nothing to happen. After about a minute it will normally jump to the screen that you get to just after you log in. If the action I was trying to perform was editing a bug, all the changes I made are lost. This is extremely annoying when I have just spent 10 minutes writing a reply to an email enquiry, as the email is not sent and I have to type the whole thing over again. The problem is not limited to email though. Just doing a simple "List My Cases" can produce the same problem.

I have tried logging on with "remember me" checked or unchecked, but it does not make any difference.

My guess is that IIS or FogBugz is forgetting who I am or what I was doing, if I spend too long doing it.

When this problem starts, fogbugz will no longer work and I am forced to close the browser window (IE6) and open a fresh one where all will be well again (for a while).

I am no IIS expert, so if anyone could suggest anything I might be able to change that will help the situation, I would be very grateful.

Rik
Tuesday, November 26, 2002

Whats the name of your machine?  Does it have a - or a _ in it?

Michael H. Pryor

Nope. It's called "rikpc".
I access fogbugz using the address http://localhost/FogBUGZ/

I am on a DHCP client, but the IP address does not change (it is the only PC, with a ADSL router being the DHCP server).

Any other ideas? Is this a common problem, or is it only me?

Rik

So far, you're the only one I've heard of with this problem...

Here's what I suggest...

First, I would uninstall/reinstall IIS. 

Then I would download 3.0.13 and install FogBUGZ again.  Most likely the problem is more related to a strange corruption of IIS on your machine than it is to reinstalling FB, but upgrading can't hurt either.

Michael H. Pryor

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home