Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Log On : User

I have noticed that the only way a user can enter their username on the logon page is by selecting a user-name from the drop-down box. This creates a problem in that if multiple users are entering cases, anyone adding logging on will need to scroll down the list (and Yes I know it is sorted alphabetically), would it not be easier to type their username? 

Imran Gulma
Tuesday, November 19, 2002

Two things to remember.... If you log on and check the "remember me at this computer", you'll never have to deal with the drop down list again.

The other thing is that in windows at least if you put the focus on the combo box and type the first letter of your name it will go directly to your name in the list.  So in effect this is much faster than typing out your whole username.

Michael H. Pryor
Tuesday, November 19, 2002

I appear to need to log in from time to time even though I check the "Remember Me" box. I haven't yet spent the time to track down a reproducible case. The timeout may be on the order of 24 hours, but I'm not sure. I have not rebooted the server or cleared the cookies on my web browser.

Linus Upson
Wednesday, November 20, 2002

If you log on from another machine, it will make you log back in on the original machine... Could that be it?

Michael H. Pryor
Wednesday, November 20, 2002

Nope. One machine only.

Linus Upson
Thursday, November 21, 2002

Do you have DHCP enabled and possibly that machine is getting a new IP address?

Michael H. Pryor
Friday, November 22, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home