Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Feature Request: Release Dates for each Project

Is there a reason why you have chosen to have user selectable release dates apply to "All Projects" instead of applying them to a specific project?  I am often overseeing several projects with different release dates and release schedules and would like to be able to customize this for each.

Assad E.K. Ebrahim
Tuesday, November 19, 2002

In fact, as currently implemented, we are forced to treat the release VERSIONS as though they were events in time, since that seems to be the only way to have them apply to all projects.  For example, we cannot use descriptive names as version identifiers since these may not be the same across different projects.  Also, once a Version has been marked as "not assignable", it is not assignable within any project.  This prevents the use of Release Version names such as "Joe Custom UI" or "Alaska Demo" or even "Alpha" and seems to make the Release Date field redundant.  I am probably missing something here -- would welcome clarification!

Assad E.K. Ebrahim

Never mind!  You have this feature already -- Releases (this project) and Releases (all projects).  I clearly cannot read :)

Assad E.K. Ebrahim

However, this mishap seems to indicate a possibly missing feature: is there a way to DELETE an All Project Release?

Assad E.K. Ebrahim

Set the "assignable" property to No and it will not appear anywhere in the interface... This is equal to deleting it, yet won't affect bugs which have already been assigned to that release.

Michael H. Pryor

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home