Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

external users

I get that external users can submit bugs through e-mail or through the website, but how can they get follow ups on the bugs or reports on their bugs?

I tried the reply on the trial version, but the mail never made it to me (is e-mail turned off on the trial?)

If the trial is limited - can you please explain how the process would work for external customers - what kind of feedback would they get as their bug is worked on, and what kind fo reports they could have access to to get status updates on their bugs?

Thanks...

cristobal baray
Thursday, November 14, 2002

Unless you make them a full fledged user, the only sort of feedback they will get is what you are willing to give them.

In other words, if they don't have a user license, they can't log on and see the same reports and filters that you can see... but for all the inquiries that they submitted, you can send them email at any time notifying them of the status of the case, and adding any note you like to the email (which is tracked in FB).

Soon, you'll be able to do this on the trial.  And you can see exactly how this works.

Michael H. Pryor
Thursday, November 14, 2002

We've been getting a lot of questions about this so I wrote up a knowledge base article:

http://www.fogcreek.com/FogBUGZ/kb/howto/WorkingwithExternalCustom.html

Joel Spolsky
Friday, November 15, 2002

With the multiple instances configuration, where you don't want different customers able to see each other's bugs, how does the licensing scheme work/apply?

cristobal baray
Tuesday, November 19, 2002

You need one license per unique person.  If a person internally is using more than one site, you only need one license for that person.  But for all the unique external users you have they need their own licenses even though they may not be using the same site.

Michael H. Pryor
Wednesday, November 20, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home