Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Potentiel bug

When I read a case which is assigned to another person and choose to subscribe to the bug then everything works fine. If I then later choose to read the same case again then fogbugz 3.x cannot remember that I’ve previously have chosen to subscribe to this case and presents the option again.

Lars Buur
Monday, November 11, 2002

eh? This is not happening for me.

When I click on the "subscribe" link it changes to an "unsubscribe" link. Later if I view the same bug the link still says "unsubscribe" which is how I know I'm subscribed.

You can also get a list of all bugs that you are subscribed to using the filter feature.

Am I missing something here?

Joel Spolsky
Wednesday, November 13, 2002

eh? how?

<You can also get a list of all bugs that you are subscribed to using the filter feature.>

Chris Dunford
Thursday, November 14, 2002

Hit Filter.

Where it says "Subscription:  Show only cases to which I am subscribed"  ... check that box.

Michael H. Pryor
Thursday, November 14, 2002

OK - that must be new in 3.0.5.  Thanks.

Chris Dunford
Friday, November 15, 2002

Nope, it's in 3.0.3 also!

Michael H. Pryor
Saturday, November 16, 2002

Ah.  Well, this is interesting.  The "subscribed" filter was something we requested, but we didn't know it had been implemented.  So, this brings up something that I've been meaning to mention.

How are we supposed to know about updates?  I only found out about 3.0.5 accidentally, here in the discussion area.  Even browsing the FB website, it's unlikely that I would have found it, since the only mention I see is the change list, which is buried in the KB.  And where are the change lists for 3.0.1, 2, 3, and 4?

If we can't get email notifications of available updates, I'd like to at least see a "What's New" or similar link prominently displayed on the FB home page.  The What's New page would quickly show the current release and a complete set of change lists.

Maybe you should go find some package that would make web site content management easier. :)

Chris Dunford
Sunday, November 17, 2002

3.0.3 is the first version, so there is no 3.0.1,2,4.  (Even releases are internal, odd are external).

3.0 changes are here: http://www.fogcreek.com/FogBUGZ/NewIn30.html

Michael H. Pryor
Sunday, November 17, 2002

Well, OK, but we had 3.0.1.  As far as I know, we never heard about 3.0.3.  My basic point remains. :)

Chris Dunford
Monday, November 18, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home